Fuel Filter Clips - ARRRRGH!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

Just replaced the fuel filter as part of routine maintenance. The clip system is great, with the following exception: The bottom of the clips is the part that needs to be accessed in order to release the clip. However, one of the clips is not oriented in a manner that makes it easy to do this. I'd like to get may hands around the neck of the genious who designed this!!!!!!!!!!!
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Yeah but think how much easier it'll be next time since you know how to do it now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Yeah but think how much easier it'll be next time since you know how to do it now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is not the first time I've done this, and it's just as big of a pain as it was before!!!!
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
USARice

Hopefully your new filter came with the right size clips. Not only did mine come with the wrong ones but the shop didn't believe it until I went in there to show them how obviously different they were. Since I broke the originals (surprise) I ended up sanding down the new ones to make them fit. Between that and what you noticed about them being the wrong orientation to get out it was officially the worst fuel filter install I ever did.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

oldoutboardjim wrote: I'd like to get may hands around the neck of the genious who designed this!!!!!!!!!!!
try getting your hands around a 90 degree small pick, it works better than stugling and swearing while the grand kids are asking why grandpa is talking soo funny :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches