Need help, FAST!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

got the car back from Tousley. drove from there to Mendota Heights, and now it wonKt start.
Tousley said the TPS was bad... would that cause this? for some reason i want to say yes, but i need a definiet answer, because i kinda need to get it started to go home... lol.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

No.
The TPS is needed for proper fueling but having a bad one shouldn't prevent the car from starting. When the TPS goes bad the ECU just looks at MAF counts and figures load and fueling off that only. it will default to 3 throttle positions, closed/idle, part and wide open based only on the MAF readings.

If it's not starting look elsewhere. Maybe it's just flooded. Ignition off step the peddle to the floor and crank the car. That will turn the fuel off and should clear the cylinders.
--John
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

iminhell wrote:No.
The TPS is needed for proper fueling but having a bad one shouldn't prevent the car from starting. When the TPS goes bad the ECU just looks at MAF counts and figures load and fueling off that only. it will default to 3 throttle positions, closed/idle, part and wide open based only on the MAF readings.

If it's not starting look elsewhere. Maybe it's just flooded. Ignition off step the peddle to the floor and crank the car. That will turn the fuel off and should clear the cylinders.
i did try that... still a no, go. Tousley is sending me (another) loaner, and there is a flatbed on the way to get it back to them...
iminhell

To the left of the main counter is the complaints box ... :)
--John
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

iminhell wrote:To the left of the main counter is the complaints box ... :)
yeah... ill see what happens with it. dont want to just to conclusions as of yet.
on the other hand, i left tousley and got to the gas station and had to jack it up because the rear driver spring was jammed sideways. 1 im suprised it didnt snap, and 2 also suprised it didnt hop out and dissapear on the way to the gas station.
iminhell

how the ...

are you lowered? Otherwise there's no way a spring could pop out, unless it breaks. Body lift and suspension droop and I could see a lowered spring jump out and the tech miss it, wouldn't make a 'boing' or much of any sound.
--John
08SE
Car: 08 Fusion SE V6 Silver

I learned long ago, not to let Tousley touch my cars, they fucked up my 99 Mystique and expected me to pay for it, lets just say that it didnt work out that way. Oh plus it took them 3 days to put on a timing belt and 2 pulleys, I won't buy a car from them either. They typically want more than other dealers. But they do let you beat the piss out of test drives.
2008 Ford Fusion SE V6, Silver. When in doubt let some smoke out...
PBZX3

Tousley does have the best parts department (Steve) in town though. That alone give me reason to think about buying a car there.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

iminhell wrote:how the ...

are you lowered? Otherwise there's no way a spring could pop out, unless it breaks. Body lift and suspension droop and I could see a lowered spring jump out and the tech miss it, wouldn't make a 'boing' or much of any sound.
I have a set of coil sleeves and no helpers in the rear, so when it gets raised it needs to be helped back into place. no biggie, just thought that it would have been noticeable to anyone that was LOOKING at the car, and say the back corner riding on the ground and the other 3 just fine.
PBZX3 wrote:Tousley does have the best parts department (Steve) in town though. That alone give me reason to think about buying a car there.
This is very true! :)
08SE wrote:I learned long ago, not to let Tousley touch my cars, they fucked up my 99 Mystique and expected me to pay for it, lets just say that it didnt work out that way. Oh plus it took them 3 days to put on a timing belt and 2 pulleys, I won't buy a car from them either. They typically want more than other dealers. But they do let you beat the piss out of test drives.
This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. Please refrain from speaking anymore... That is all.
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

what about that lil clutch button sensor dealy to start the car...i didnt know what was wrong with mine, but it wasnt doing shiiit turns out the button just wasnt gettting full engaged when i pressed on the clutch
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
08SE
Car: 08 Fusion SE V6 Silver

Stilz wrote:
iminhell wrote:how the ...

PBZX3 wrote:Tousley does have the best parts department (Steve) in town though. That alone give me reason to think about buying a car there.
This is very true! :)
08SE wrote:I learned long ago, not to let Tousley touch my cars, they fucked up my 99 Mystique and expected me to pay for it, lets just say that it didnt work out that way. Oh plus it took them 3 days to put on a timing belt and 2 pulleys, I won't buy a car from them either. They typically want more than other dealers. But they do let you beat the piss out of test drives.
This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. Please refrain from speaking anymore... That is all.

Sorry if I offended any one, it is just my opinion. But I do say the parts department is cool, I only dealt with it once. The service dept I didn't like, the sales guys are awesome, they usually know what they are talking about, laid back, all that good. If I ever do find the car I'm looking for at the price i wanna pay, and its at Tousley, I wouldn't pass it up.
2008 Ford Fusion SE V6, Silver. When in doubt let some smoke out...
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

Tousley parts = Awesome
Rest of Tousley = Blah
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

tousley looked at it and theyre saying the TPS is dead. im going to go get one and fix it in the lot there... if it doesnt start... there will be a LOT of words said...