Team TechnoRally

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Big Boy

Don't really know if any of you follow Rally America but my friends and I spent the weekend up in Duquette participating in the second Nemadji Trails rally of the year. Check out the link for more info on our experience.

http://www.technorally.com/
Farmer
Car: 2003 Grey ZX3

I follow Rally America and I am the parts guy for Graham Evans Motors for Dillon Van Way's 03 Focus. I have always wanted to make that event but never have.
-Miles
Big Boy

Nice. Graham built the cage for the Tib. He did a great job. I'm hoping to get back up to his shop sometime soon. I have been working on my Miata trying to get the power planted to the ground. We had some trouble with spinning the clutch at 5K in 4th and 5th gear. I swapped the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate and proceeded to swap in a 6-speed tranny while we had everything apart. Stripped out all of the convertible frame and rear carpeting. I'm planning on having Graham build the cage for the Miata but we'll likely be starting with just a roll bar. Everything depends on timing and cash flow. Right now we're just trying to get things in good working order for MAP's Proving Grounds this weekend.
Big Boy

Farmer wrote:I follow Rally America and I am the parts guy for Graham Evans Motors for Dillon Van Way's 03 Focus.
Was it Dillon's Focus that rolled and you guys fixed it just before Nemadji 1?
Farmer

Yep, Graham fixed I just did the leg work for the parts.
Farmer

Big Boy wrote:Nice. Graham built the cage for the Tib. He did a great job. I'm hoping to get back up to his shop sometime soon. I have been working on my Miata trying to get the power planted to the ground. We had some trouble with spinning the clutch at 5K in 4th and 5th gear. I swapped the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate and proceeded to swap in a 6-speed tranny while we had everything apart. Stripped out all of the convertible frame and rear carpeting. I'm planning on having Graham build the cage for the Miata but we'll likely be starting with just a roll bar. Everything depends on timing and cash flow. Right now we're just trying to get things in good working order for MAP's Proving Grounds this weekend.
I remember you and the other guys up there checking out the cage work, thats when you told me about the BP swap on the miata.
-Miles
Farmer

I have to get grahams web site done soon... just been busy with school and now a job,lol
-Miles
Big Boy

Oh yeah, I remember you. You were the one with the Star Wars T-Shirt. You were showing us some of the new exterior changes you had made on your focus.
Farmer

Yep, that was me.
Big Boy

Cool, are you doing web development on the side or is that part of your job?
Farmer

Yep, I am taking some web development and networking classes but that will be my side business for now.
Big Boy

Cool, I wish I could have taken some networking classes. That is one thing I wish would have fit into my schedule when I was going through school.
in.focus
Car: 2004 Black ZX3 2.3

i just got a chance to check out the website, very cool! it looks as though you've scratched ojibwe off of your schedule for the year...how come?

also, farmer, will the graham evans/van way focus be at ojibwe this year?
Big Boy

I believe it's more due to the cost of logistics. The mortgage/rent comes first.
Farmer

in.focus wrote:i just got a chance to check out the website, very cool! it looks as though you've scratched ojibwe off of your schedule for the year...how come?

also, farmer, will the graham evans/van way focus be at ojibwe this year?
I never really did find out why they cut out a few races but I am sure it was about cost, but I am meeting up with graham next sunday and I will ask him then if they are going to make it to ojibwe this year.