crazy situation.....HELP!

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
ford06
Car: Black 01 Merc. Cougar C2

ok so i am gonna try to explain this as best i can and see what feedback i get.... had a 95 Mecury sable then got a different car so i soldthe sable to a friend December of 2009. Jan 1st 2010 it was totalled out. Now today I get a thing in the mail saying I owe money for the tabs and for fees for impounding the vehicle and the car is still in my name. I checked with the DMV and they said there is no record of the car accident and no record of the sale so i am responsible for the vehicle. But my friend who bought the vehicle, received the insurance money and now they are coming after me for for fraud because he got the insurance money. I have no idea where the car is at, or if it was honestly totalled out and what to do. Any ideas?

I remember a while back someone on here was talking about they had an unlimited access to carfax and would run the VIN for people on here. If anyone on here has that please let me know. I am curiuos to see what it says on the record for carfax and see if it was totalled on there.
ford06

I also only have 10 days to get this straigthened out according to the DMV.
Miller
Car: 02 Black SVT Focus

did you at least do a bill of sale?
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

You should always mail in the card when you sell a car if you don't go with for the title transfer. You put yourself in a really bad situation, and the only way out is getting your friend to admitting to the DMV that he didn't transfer the title.
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

if he or she is really your friend , he/she should come with you to the dmv. Good luck with this mess.
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
Steve@Tasca
Midget

So did you have them sign anything when they bought the car? Did you sign the title over to them?

If they had it insured then the insurance company has record of them insuring that car with their name and that VIN. Not sure it'll help but it might.

There is also such a thing as a forced title transfer that you can do but only if you have their signature on the detachable piece you should have kept off the title.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

So, did you ever get the title transferred over to your name?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4967
(assume so being the cost of tabs comes to you)

Basically, you need new friends. All the one you talk about on here are lowlife thugs looking to make a quick buck at the expense of others, the Scion homo and now this douche.
something about 'the company you keep' n'all that

Make your buddy go to the DMV and admit his guilt, though you're partly at fault also.

If you owe an impound fee it's not just going to say "you owe $150 in impound fee's", it will tell you what impound lot, or if it says city of ________ you can assume it's at one of the city impound lots, call and give a plate # and they can search which one.

But seriously, get new friends.
--John
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

Call the DMV and insurance company and explain what happened. They will tell you what you need to do to take care of the situation.
Good Luck.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

:?
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
ford06

still trying to get everything taken care of.I know I need diferent friends and hang out with a bad group. If you cant tell i am really bad at meeting decent people. lol. I am looking into a forced title but my stupid blonde brain thought since I didnt hear anything more i didnt have to keep the attached part. tHe car was put in his name back in december and after the accident in Ja nuary I never heard anything about it so figured since it was totalled out i didnt needto keep it and shredded it. Only good thing is I know where the car is now, it is in aout 60 thousands peices already. THe weird part of all this is my buddy has the title with his name on it. I talked to the police department and they pointed me towards the forced transfer. He does have his reciept for the taxes and title transfer when he got it switched over. Just sucks. Monday is the earliest he can go the the DMV with me, but he is supposedly going there today on his own to see if he can take care of it on his own without me. Idk. so yea. thats where that all sits at.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

If the title was actually transferred then you're off the hook.

The only way they'd be coming after you is if the car was in your name.

That's what title transfers are for.

ford06

thats what has everyone so confussed. he has the title with his name on it. but according tothe DMV it is still under my name. which doesnt make any sense at all. I am so confussed about all of this.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

ford06 wrote:thats what has everyone so confussed. he has the title with his name on it. but according tothe DMV it is still under my name. which doesnt make any sense at all. I am so confussed about all of this.
Is his name written by hand on it or is it actually a state issued title with his name printed on it?

o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Id take the shithead to Judge Judy and get your money.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!