Suspension in progress...

For your Ford Focus related discussion
OrbitusXpandeR

Thanks, but not those bolts. You have that horizontal bolt that goes through the bushing, which came out fine, and then the two vertical bolts on the other side of the arm. The outside one closer to the wheel also came out fine, but I just bent a breaker bar on the one farther in. :?
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Is that nut a Nyloc one (that plastic shit inside)?

I'm not sure to be honest. I try not to cut bolts and usually I can get anything out ... the subframe bolts on my stang I had to use a 6' cheater and our truck, but they came out :lol:

Did you try heating the nut and going after the bolt? I mean you're putting new bushings in anyways so get that SOB glowing red if you can.

Maybe a nut buster would work, but hardened nuts aren't the easiest to split,

--John
OrbitusXpandeR

I haven't tried heating the nuts themselves yet, just the bolts from the bottomside. I'm a little weary if sticking a torch on the topside because of what looks to be fuel lines and other stuff. When I bent the breaker bar I had a 3.5' extension so it was about 4' total. That nut breaker, if it isn't strong enough to break the nut will it damage the threading on the inside?
OrbitusXpandeR

Actually, nvm. The nut flares out real wide at the bottom, the nut breaker wouldn't be able to do it. Honestly I'm about an hour away from saying f it and calling a damned mobile mechanic in the morning
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

holy shit, i hope when i do my suspension it ain't this hard.
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607
Steve@Tasca
Midget

OrbitusXpandeR wrote:The inside bolt on the lca's, can I grind the bolt head down and push them out the top?
No, the nut on top is welded to the car.

You seem to be having a lot more trouble than is usual. What kind of impact gun do you have and what air pressure are you running?

I've got an old Ingersol 231 1/2 impact and I've yet to find a nut or bolt it couldn't remove (or break).
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
OrbitusXpandeR wrote:The inside bolt on the lca's, can I grind the bolt head down and push them out the top?
No, the nut on top is welded to the car.

You seem to be having a lot more trouble than is usual. What kind of impact gun do you have and what air pressure are you running?

I've got an old Ingersol 231 1/2 impact and I've yet to find a nut or bolt it couldn't remove (or break).
I have 2 different 1/2" impacts and I had to cut one of my rear bolts out, so it not a "your not doing it right" situation. Its just being a bioch from the sounds of it.

Where are you located Orbitus?
OrbitusXpandeR

I'm in robbinsdale, right off 100 about 5 miles north of 394. using an electric impact wrench but i'm thinking i'll rent an air wrench when i pick up my lca's from o'reillys. i really hope that top nut wasn't welded in cause it's spinning when turn the bottom bolt now, lol. at this point i don't even care about the sway/stress bars, i just want to get the arms/struts back in so that i can actually bring my car on saturday
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

OrbitusXpandeR wrote:I'm in robbinsdale, right off 100 about 5 miles north of 394. using an electric impact wrench but i'm thinking i'll rent an air wrench when i pick up my lca's from o'reillys. i really hope that top nut wasn't welded in cause it's spinning when turn the bottom bolt now, lol. at this point i don't even care about the sway/stress bars, i just want to get the arms/struts back in so that i can actually bring my car on saturday
I could swing over tomorrow, if you still havn't got it all done.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

OrbitusXpandeR wrote:I'm in robbinsdale, right off 100 about 5 miles north of 394. using an electric impact wrench but i'm thinking i'll rent an air wrench when i pick up my lca's from o'reillys. i really hope that top nut wasn't welded in cause it's spinning when turn the bottom bolt now, lol. at this point i don't even care about the sway/stress bars, i just want to get the arms/struts back in so that i can actually bring my car on saturday
I'm trying to remember if it was a captive nut or not, I helped patalrob put his subframe and stuff back together but for the life of me I don't recall.

Steve@Tasca
Midget

Stilz wrote:I have 2 different 1/2" impacts and I had to cut one of my rear bolts out, so it not a "your not doing it right" situation. Its just being a bioch from the sounds of it.

Yeah but what brand guns are they?

Impact guns are NOT all created equal, my dad couldn't believe the power my 231 has compared to his generic 1/2 inch impact.

Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Stilz wrote:I have 2 different 1/2" impacts and I had to cut one of my rear bolts out, so it not a "your not doing it right" situation. Its just being a bioch from the sounds of it.

Yeah but what brand guns are they?

Impact guns are NOT all created equal, my dad couldn't believe the power my 231 has compared to his generic 1/2 inch impact.
A 1911 and a peacemaker... I dont know! It just know that they work. :lol:
OrbitusXpandeR

Stilz wrote:I could swing over tomorrow, if you still havn't got it all done.
if it comes to that i would be beyond grateful. i'll let you know tonight. i just have to pick up an air wrench and a new breaker bar and hope to god i see some movement today
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

OrbitusXpandeR wrote:
if it comes to that i would be beyond grateful. i'll let you know tonight. i just have to pick up an air wrench and a new breaker bar and hope to god i see some movement today
Yea just let me know. I can swing by in the afternoon. Make sure you spray the $#!t out of them and let them sit for a half hour and then spray again.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

OrbitusXpandeR wrote:
If you buy a cheap impact you're wasting your money, don't forget that.

http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/IS ... m_en-33374

http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/IS ... m_en=33374

I bought mine used off a Snap-on truck when I worked in the shop and I've owned it for 20 years, these things are bulletproof and powerful!!

http://www.automotivetoolsonline.com/In ... -12-2.html

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... 7802_17802