So i went out and blew 276 dollars

For your Ford Focus related discussion
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

I went to napa to get a maf sensor and a upsteam 0r sensor. These were pretty expensive. Got them, and tried the maf. no luck. Tried to put the 02 in but have to do it after i find a longer 02 socket cause the short one i had didnt cut it, the exhaust was in the way. we will see how this goes. brought back the maf. 225 back in my pocket anyway
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

Sounds like you're having fun. Is the car drive-able? I would recommend taking it to a shop if what you are currently working on doesn't work.
Just have them check it out, not do any work to it. What were the problems with it again?
WASaZX3pos

The tech that works at the shop in town dont know either.
lean bank one. EFFF
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

zx3pos wrote:The tech that works at the shop in town dont know either.
lean bank one. EFFF
damn... I know that feeling.
I just replaced my o2 sensors... both of them, and my ecu still says bank 1 is bad. :lol:
I'm not sure where you brought it, and I'm not saying anything against them, I'm sure they are highly qualified. I was referencing a ford dealer, or a shop with a diagnostic computer. Again I didn't hear any reference to one being used, so I'm just mentioning it.
WASaZX3pos

O2 is in now. Seems to be a bit better, but now its sputtering out the exhaust. I feel like that could be vavles opening late, ie timing. Im letting it cool down now then im going to go try it again.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

wouldnt hurt to throw some seafowm in it either.
WASaZX3pos

i put 20 worth of new gas in it also. it still has some kinks. slllloooowwwwly taking care of them
WASaZX3pos

WOW! before clearing the codes, there were so many codes on it.

Now after drivin for like an hour or more no codes came back.
Still a little missfire, but ill pick up plugs and wires and think its finally finished.
Thanks everyone for all the help, i guess the upstream o2 was the problem after all.
Weird how that would make a lean bank code.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

zx3pos wrote:Weird how that would make a lean bank code.
Why is that weird? That's basically the only thing the oxygen sensor does :lol:
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
WASaZX3pos

Idk. The o2 itself looked fine. The lower was loose before so i figured that might have been part of the problem but wasnt. No egr also. Could have been timing belt. It is still needing plugs and wires for the small missfire it hasnt read yet.
WASaZX3pos

And naturally its still running to lean. f****** car.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

zx3pos wrote:And naturally its still running to lean. f****** car.
Look at the brighter side... at least you'll get good gas mileage! :lol:
WASaZX3pos

Im all for MPGs, but when pistons rings and rods get ruined because of it.....
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

Just worked on a SVT 5 door at work on friday and it had a slow 02 sensor and would stall/run rough intermittantly. The upstream o2 sensor was junk but running rough/stall was because the fuel pressure was at 20psi then would drop to nothing. I pulled out the fuel filter and it was plugged(try blowing through it....you should be able to blow freely). I replaced the fuel filter and started it. the fuel pressure went to 45psi then the pump died for good. If you are having lean problems, it could be caused by two things.....not enough fuel and too much air. Check your PCV system for any air leaks. Then check your fuel pressure. If your fuel pressure is low, check your fuel filter........my .02
WASaZX3pos

thanks! first thing i did was put a filter in so that is fine im sure. pressure could be bad. never found the way to check that tho.....no valve that i could see. the gas enters on the left and thats all i found. pcv is all checked and fine.