SVT 5's in Graphite and a night time pic

Show off your pictures!!!
hdsixhundred
Car: 02 SB SVTF

Quick pic of my wheels. The previous owner curbed the chit out of the wheels so I repaired all the surface damage as good as I Could and the lip damage (which was a son of a bitch) Painted them graphite (which was a son of a bitch) and I have yet to clear them but I will rock them for a couple weeks and see how they old up. I will be driving down to Oklahoma next week which is 1600 miles round trip so it should be a good judge of how the paint will hold up without clear. If anyone wants the steps I took I would be more then happy to explain the details further Sanding/prep etc. I will have some pics of it on the car next Tuesday when they get re-balanced and thrown on the car. ALso threw in a quick pic I took of the car a couple weeks ago on that foggy ass night we had.

-edited for smaller pix
Last edited by hdsixhundred on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

They look good, let me know how you like those tires.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
hdsixhundred

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:They look good, let me know how you like those tires.
The Fuzion ZRI's have been awesome for the 4500 miles I put on them before winter. I took a trip down to Tulsa last September on the tires and they were much really quite compared to the old chinese shit the previous owner had on there. They really are great tires and For the price I cant complain. They have been great in the dry and rain. Cold and snow they are HORRIBLE but that is to be expected with a summer only high performance tire. When it got down to freezing temperatures they are like hard plastic but it doesnt matter, I swapped over the SVTC wheels and Hankook winter's.

Heres a pic next to the car from the cell phone - excuse the dirty ass car
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Looks really good 8)
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Is that the DupliColor Wheel Coating?
hdsixhundred

hermitmaster wrote:Is that the DupliColor Wheel Coating?
Ya it is
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Did you paint the wheels with the tires on? If so, how did you tape off?
hdsixhundred

hermitmaster wrote:Did you paint the wheels with the tires on? If so, how did you tape off?
Yes I painted them with the tires still on and I didnt tape it off I used the Note Card technique. Basically stick the notecards in between the lip and the bead like so: Image
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

how much is the paint? and where do u get it? and is it something a novice painter can do and have it still turn out decent?
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

It takes TIME. The faster you do this, the crappier it will turn out. You need to do all the prep work thoroughly to get it to turn out correctly.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

bout how much time would u say u spent on prep and paint?
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

1-2 hrs
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

They look really good, nice job .
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
hdsixhundred

blcksvt2003 wrote:bout how much time would u say u spent on prep and paint?
I would say i spent 5 hours prepping but I fixed probably 90% of the curbage. There was some bubble'n by the lugs on a couple of the wheels that I didnt worry about due to the fact that I would have had to remove massive chunks of paint that wouldnt have filled properly imo. I probably have 8 hours wrapped up with all of the sanding/bondo/sanding/bondo/sanding/primer/sanding/paint. That doesnt even take into account that you have to clean the wheels like 5 times and then let them dry. Really not to bad as it was spread out over the course of a couple of weeks. If you have some clean wheels I would say you could EASILY knock it out in a weekend if the weather participates. To whoever asked about the cost it is $5.99 a can for Graphite/Silver/Black/Clear at advanced auto/o'rielly's. Primer is 4.99 and i used Duplicolor FP101 if i recall sandable grey primer. I can get a full list of what I used if anyone is seriously considering doing it.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

They make white, too....
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten