front and rear sways??

For your Ford Focus related discussion
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

i have been looking at 2 dif. options the eibach kit with a 22 mm front and a 25mm rear, and the H&R kit with 24mm for both, does anyone reccomend a certain one over the other? i have asked FSWerks and they reccomended the H&R but then again thats what they sell...so just trying to get a opinion from others, looking to do a few autocross events this summer to so keep that im mind i guess
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

It honestly all depends on driving style. Pretty much any sway bar for the Focus is good and fits fine, but it all depends on your driving style on what sizes to get.

FSWerks recommends the H&R because the bars will give the car a neutral control(easier to control), since the bars will remain close to same size. While the Eibach has a slightly larger rear bar, and will help rotate the car better in a corner(harder to control, rear will slide more)
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

I have for the Eibach bars. I wanted a larger bar in the back to get the wagon's big ass to give in the corners. Damn thing still wants to stick, unless I really overdrive an entry :lol: .
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

think im trying to go for it to stick around corners , not sure tho havent done autocross yet any guys out there that do it? seems like you would want it to stick better but not sure
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
o2designs

blcksvt2003 wrote:think im trying to go for it to stick around corners , not sure tho havent done autocross yet any guys out there that do it? seems like you would want it to stick better but not sure
I've autox'ed for acouple seasons. The bar size depends on your driving style...if you want the car neutral, or if you want the car to lose traction in the rear and slide...
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Front wheel drive vehicles naturally under-steer, a larger swaybar in the rear would reduce this effect.
o2designs

Exactly. The size of bars depends on how much you want or can control...

I know the setup on my wagon was alittle scarry for most, but was perfect for my driving style. So it all depends on what your comfortable with.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

The SVT on stock suspension has some pretty serious under-steer. I wouldn't mind a larger rear sway bar.
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

I just wish I could get my sway bar on. :/
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane