tires?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
cohenj87
Car: 2003 black zx3 eap svt

i need to get new tires for my car to start driving it again before i park the truck. i want to spend around 400$ total for all 4 tires. i was looking at these on tirerack http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... odel=Focus SVT&autoModClar= what do you guys think of these if youve used them? any other suggestions in the same price range?
black 03 svt eap with black recaros & bumpin system
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

I've also been thinking about using those as DD tires. :)
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
ElectricAl
Car: 05 Silver ST...ill stock

Looks like a good warm-weather sticky tire for the price... no glaring deficiencies on the
Rack's feedback tabs. Slap dem bad boys on and light 'em up!
My car isn't fast... but don't tell it that, cuz it wants to be
cohenj87

do you guys know how well these tires work in the 40 degree range? im not expecting super perfromance at that temp just wanna make sure they arent horrible. im also looking at these because they should still be pretty good at low temps http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... odel=Focus SVT&autoModClar=
ElectricAl
Car: 05 Silver ST...ill stock

^^the link in your previous post didn't bring anything up for me, but...

Those Hankooks would be BEST as a warm-weather tire and they would be lousy in anything to do with winter. That being said, you should be OK if you drive on 'em below 40 degrees on occasion. They just won't perform at their best, because of the type of rubber compound used.

This from the (former) TireRack guy on FF: "It depends if you're switching to true summer tires or all-seasons for summer time. All-season can be switched over at anytime obviously. Just wait until you're out of the woods for snow. Summer tires will work best in weather above 40 degrees. I usually wait until April to take mine off. I've driven my Bridgestone RE-01R's in some temperatures colder than 40 degrees and the rubber can get pretty hard. You definitely want to avoid temperatures that are consistently below 40. If you get a freak cold spell, it will be okay to drive them for a shorter amount of time."

If you are concerned, then start shopping a different category, like all-season performance tires.
They may have a little tradoff on overall grip, but most people do just fine with good tires outta this category...
My car isn't fast... but don't tell it that, cuz it wants to be
Miller
Car: 02 Black SVT Focus

From personally mounting sumitomo's when I worked at Sear's, I would stay away. Just seemed fairly low quality.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

If you want an excellent performance all-season tire you should strongly consider the Toyo Proxes 4. I've had them on three cars now, including my SVT and wouldn't consider anything else. The only downside is they are a bit out of your price range.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... 45YR7HTRZ3

After a long talk with Mac @ tirerack, these were the best summer tires in that price range.
07 ST S.A.P.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

I shudder at the thought of Sumitomo tires. :( They typically aren't very round and tend to balance poorly.

*edit*
Check these out:
http://www.discount-tires-2go.com/Store ... Large=True
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I've actually heard really good things about the Proxes4. From what I've heard, they are a pretty good casual street tire. And I've had acouple sets of Toyo's over the years, and I really liked them.

o6 I think has Sumitomo tires on his HHR for winter tires, but I'm not sure how he would rate them. Maybe he'll chime in here....

Are these tires gonna see snow? And 100$ a piece is the limit?
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
cohenj87

no the tires wont see snow i have a 4x4 for that. they probably wont even see rain because my cia likes to drink water. i will pretty much be driving it for 7 months and parking it again. i dont wanna go to much over 100 a piece. im not looking for tires to rip it up on the street and corner as hard as i can and stuff. i already have enough tickets lol i have to try and behave.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

well if its just for a 7mth run, i wouldn't see a problem with these tires. Shop around and see if you can find a tire shop that will cover the mounting costs if you buy a set of 4. That's what I did with my bfgoodies a couple weeks ago. Tireproz in Stillwater is where I got mine done, but obviously that is quite a drive for you.
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

I'd hit these in a heart beat. Great wet/dry and I've personally seen them driven in the snow. They also have the advantage
of being lighter in weight so you won't lose mpg's and should see a pick up. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... 145WR7EUHP

For summer only, the Hankook evo's do it for me.
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco