This is NOT working... going insane and need help...

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

So... with all my plans going into the hole, I have come to need some assistance.
I have recently ordering new struts/shocks for my car, due to my fronts starting to make the infamous clunk taking a bump, and the rears are leaking. So I got me some KYB AGX's. I've had a pair of rears in the garage for some time, so I'm good there, but I needed the fronts. I go to Ebay. Sadly JEGS on Ebay offered them for 145.99 ea, plus shipping. This was a decent deal, so I bought them... Both auctions said they were new, and and ready to go.
I received them on the same day and all, and I opened the boxes... behold... one is used.. pretty obvious when the paint is missing where the spring sat, and where it goes into the A-arm (i believe a-arm is the term, wtf ever) I eamil them and say, hey... why did you send me a used one, and a new one, when I ordered 2 new ones... this was Wed... no response yet... cant wait till Monday.
*sigh*
Next part... Ordering springs.
Well I first ordered a set of Ground Control Coilover Sleeves from a guy on Ebay, (yea Ebay again) and they were pretty cheaply priced. $404.and change shipped. So, 7 days after I pay him, I still haven't gotten any tracking info, so I Email him... "hey WTF?" his reply is oh... well that part is discontinued. We tired to contact you, would you like something else like a nother spring kit or something? ... no... you didn't, and no I don't. ass... refund my money. 3 days later... I finally get it back into my paypal... BTW this seller name is "Aftermarket.Only" I would stay away from him... not very nice.
SO THEN, I find a set with a company called "Street Beat Customs" HEY!!! they're even in Minnesota! COOL!!!! Turns out they have 3 sets IN STOCK!!! But in they're warehouse. I said I don't care, just order them and get them here... SO $120 MORE, and 3 days without even an invoice or anything and the money WAS taken from my account, but instead of the price he quoted during the transaction on the phone.... $30 more?!? so I emailed them up and said... FIRST OFF I still haven't even gottan an Email about the transaction details or an invoice or anything, and you're charging me MORE than you quoted??? WTF? here is my email again, get back to me. then 2 more days, and nothing... BUT... the money magically "never came out of my account? the transaction was there one day, and it wasn't reversed at all... just magically disappeared. w....t...f? The part was on the website the day I ordered it... and now magically its not...
So they will ALSO be getting a phone call on Monday... and my guessed are... well they are discontinued.... *sigh*

SO I have 3 struts and no springs... oh, and a dead lightweight carbon fibre battery too... and I am seriously stressed out...
so... All I really want to know is...
1. The stock SVT suspension lowering bring the car down .75-ish from a reg zx3?
2. STEVE, what springs did you put in again?
3. Without buying actual coil-overs, I want to go down between 1.75 to 2.25
This is why I wanted the coilover sleeves, I could get the adjustability, but without the giant price tag.
3. Any idears on where to go from here? I really need some input on this, I can't even think about it anymore really...

:?
Last edited by Stilz on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

just an example... this is about where I want to sit... found this on the "Official Suspension Thread" on *shivvers* Focus Fanatics.
H&R Cup Kit.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

Wow, sounds like you're having fun. If you can't get parts, I've got a lowering kit for you.....

[img]http://curbly_uploads_production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/0000/0001/1440/sawzall_large.jpg[/img]
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

oh no no... not doing that again on another car... lol. anyways my svt springs are going on the wifes car. :p
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

Thats why do try to find that stuff in another place... I think that my car need a new suspension, but im getting a stock one from Steve if i do.
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Isnt that multimatic kit on sale for super cheap still?
07 ST S.A.P.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

haven't heard about that one. I'm probably going to go with H&R Race Springs. They "should" put me around where i want to me, ride height wise. i just need to speak with this second company and make sure they still aren't going to take the money back out or something.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Coil-over sleeves are nothing but trouble! If you want that kind of drop go for the H&R Cup Kit :http://focus.c-f-m.com/handrsportcupkit ... focus.aspx. The height adjustment on coil-overs is pretty useless unless you like to get your car aligned regularly.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

CleanZX3 wrote:Isnt that multimatic kit on sale for super cheap still?
It's $330.00 and I have one left, it's discontinued now :(

It also won't drop the car as low as Stilz wants, I have the SVT dampers and KW springs on mine but I'm switching back to the Multimatic kit in the spring.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

Thanks for the jump in Steve. I'm hoping for almost chromie low, but unfortounatlly with the way I'm now going, it can only hope to be close. The H&R race look to take it down a good ways. And I can pick them up for around $200. And when I get my supposed "new" strut returned and replaced from Jegs, ill be ready to put it all in. Plus a couple other things I've had sitting around for a whle. :) thanks for the input guys.
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Stilz wrote:haven't heard about that one. I'm probably going to go with H&R Race Springs. They "should" put me around where i want to me, ride height wise. i just need to speak with this second company and make sure they still aren't going to take the money back out or something.

The H&R Race springs won't. The H&R Cup Kit is the one you want if you want to go low.
Dean

Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

So, I got ahold of Jegs this morning. They are shipping my a new Front Right strut straight from the vendor, and they said keep the other one that looks used.... hmm... anyone want a strut? lol
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Are you still looking for a set of H&R Race springs?

http://forums.focaljet.com/handling/624 ... -agxs.html
Dean

Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

hafftrak wrote:Are you still looking for a set of H&R Race springs?

http://forums.focaljet.com/handling/624 ... -agxs.html
No, just waiting on Slowpoke Rodriguez over there... :lol:

Thanks anyways though.

So, Pat... any update for me, boss?
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Yeah Bend over cuase its gonna Hurt!!! :P
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........