Timing Tools

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Big Boy

Hi all. I am going to change my timing belt here pretty soon on my 2003 SVT. The only thing I have left to find are the timing tools. Would someone mind suggesting where I could buy the tools? Is there anyone local that wouldn't mind lending them to me for a weekend? I live in downtown St. Paul.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Call Steve (Tousley Ford Parts). IIRC they keep a set on hand for purchase. Cost about $20 give er take.
--John
Big Boy

Please pardon my ignoance. What is IIRC?
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

IIRC - if I remember correctly
By the way, the timing belt can be very finicky. If you're not confident in your abilities I would highly recommend paying someone (FocusMech) :lol: to do it for you.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Actually we don't carry the tools anymore since FRPP dropped them, Just do a Yahoo search for "Zetec timing tools" and you'll get a million hits on them.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
CrazySVTChick
Car: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP

I had to order mine it took about 2 weeks because they were on back order through OTC. You wil need the tool for about ten minutes and then you're done so it sucks but is needed. When you thinking of doing the belt? I am usally down in the cities on the weekends and at Century college during the week so I could always swing out and let ya use it for the short time you need it.
TURBO BABY!!!
Big Boy

Sorry it has taken me such a long time to respond but I wasn't quite sure when I would have a garage space to do the change. I live in downtown St. Paul but I don't have a garage of my own. I will be doing the change down in Prior Lake in my friend's pole barn. My plan is to do it this coming weekend. If you don't mind letting me borrow them for a week I can come and meet you at Century College. I know Prior Lake can be quite out of the way. Not at all trying to rush you, but I may see if I could get the tools by the weekend if I ordered them today. I unfortunately no longer have the convenience of my own garage. The wife and I are saving for a house and one with a 3+ car garage would be ideal. :D

No worries if it doesn't work out.
Big Boy

CrazySVTChick,

Come to think of it, if you no longer have a use for the timing tools let me know if you'd like to sell them.
Big Boy

Just an FYI I picked up some tools. Thanks. Oh and if anyone needs to use them in the future let me know.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Make sure you replace all of the idlers, etc. when you put in the new timing belt. They're most likely in need of replacement and you don't want to do it later.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

hermitmaster wrote:Make sure you replace all of the idlers, etc. when you put in the new timing belt. They're most likely in need of replacement and you don't want to do it later.
This is true. I replaced mine while doing my timing belt also.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Big Boy

Thanks for the advice. Steve set me up with everything I need, including the idler pulleys. :)
CrazySVTChick
Car: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP

Sorry I did not reply sooner. I was on spring break. Glad to hear you got the timing tool.
TURBO BABY!!!