zx3 almost done

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

As much as I can....

It was fairly built (I'm not gonna bother with the body and interior mods)...
Davis snagged it to rob parts for (some for himself, some to sell)

The car was cheap (by this, I mean it was worth the value of the parts wanted from it), but had some issues (I originally planned to by it, but the underside was rather rusty for my liking and the old owner was a hack)..

The car when he got it was JRSC'd, had SVT Brake Kit, a Rather aggressive suspension setup, which were all promptly removed.

The car basically got all the remaining take-off stock parts from various cars and was in the process of being put back together (properly, as he planned to sell it as a nice daily driver) when Davis moved to Vegas (and subsequently sold it to a shop, who then sold it to krypto, then to you)....

So yea. It's now on it's third owner (since it got to MN), so who knows what has been done. I helped Davis with parts of it, but to be honest I'm not sure how far he got, I believe it was basically all back together when he got rid of it. I know the shop that got it, tried to part the car out (and was in the process of it, when Krypto bought it.

So, I don't think we will be too much help, since the car WAS getting parted out (which I know, since I know parts sold from it while the shop was trying to part it out.......) so I'm not sure what has been removed or messed with.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

This is they EggYolk yellow car that had the 02 Euro Kit? :shock:
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

I've seen the car in person. Chris threw out a price of what he thought it would be worth in good running order, my thought was a price almost double what he thought. Car was very clean, lower miles and just needed a bit of work. Nothing too bad I thought.
I know he's had a WTB thread up for a while trying to get things put back together. Was just a few odds and ends missing from what I saw, parts of the exhaust, EGR was there IIRC, the shifter was gone, the triangles where gone (like I told Chris to keep with the euro look they should be the glossy one) ... shit now I can't remember.

POS, if you really want someone to come look at it and help out diagnosing/helping to fix the car, I'm up for it. It's a bit of a drive for me but I don't mind. This weekend is supposed to be nice.

If you have a laptop would be perfect. I can bring some hardware/software to datalog the car and verify your flasher is logging correct. I can bring one otherwise.
--John
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

o2designs wrote:This is they EggYolk yellow car that had the 02 Euro Kit? :shock:
Yep.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

Pappy wrote:
o2designs wrote:This is they EggYolk yellow car that had the 02 Euro Kit? :shock:
Yep.
That car has been fairly fucked for a long time then.
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

iminhell, I would be very greatful if you did do that. I could use a little help. I dont have a laptop though. All i have is the code reader.
I got supposed SVT suspension with it, i think it is the stock out of kryptos.
turbo mani that looks pretty cheap

The car is all put back together now, just trying to finish it up, get rid of the kinks.

Should be an okay car, a DD is what my intentios are, but it is pretty clean too.

Thanks for all the knowledge guys.
Very nice to know what or why people fucked it up.
iminhell

Just shoot me a PM with your phone # and the best time to reach you/stop by. I'll bring what tools I can. Saturday would work well for me, not too early though.

and even if the suspension is stock out of Krypto's car, it's still SVT, :lol:
--John
WASaZX3pos

Took off the intake.
gaskets seem okay, new ones will be in tomorrow.
In one of the intake holes someone tried to port it, idk who's sad attempt it was, but they did a horrible job.
im sure the fact that it is plastic didnt help them.

could swap out the idle air control too, but im sure it is fine.
WASaZX3pos

New gaskets helped a little, idles but never dies. gets down to 500rpm and sputters a little.
WASaZX3pos

The codes that still exists are as follows.
P0171
p1000, needs to be driven more to remove this I have heard.
p0300

I dont know what the deal is.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Rule these out one by one:
P0171 - System to Lean (Bank 1) The Adaptive Fuel Strategy continuously monitors fuel delivery hardware. The test fails when the adaptive fuel tables reach a rich calibrated limit. For lean and rich DTCs:
Fuel system
Excessive fuel pressure.
Leaking/contaminated fuel injectors.
Leaking fuel pressure regulator.
Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel.
Vapor recovery system.
Induction system:
Air leaks after the MAF.
Vacuum Leaks.
PCV system.
Improperly seated engine oil dipstick.
EGR system:
Leaking gasket.
Stuck EGR valve.
Leaking diaphragm or EVR.
Base Engine:
Oil overfill.
Cam timing.
Cylinder compression.
Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2Ss.
A SHRTFT-1,2 PID value between -25% to +35% and a LONGFT-1,2 PID value between -35% to +35% is acceptable. Reading beyond these values indicate a failure.

I have a feeling if you fix p0171 then p0300 will go away too.
WASaZX3pos

Redid the scan again today.
Got
p1000
p0135
p0141

Can anyone tell me wht these are?
iminhell

It's kinda weird that the codes keep changing, but they keep relating back to the O2 sensor/s.

The P1000 just means the emission self tests haven't finished yet, or haven't finished in the time they should have. Basically if you drive the car for a bit it will go away.
--John
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

P0135 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-11) During testing the HO2S Heaters are checked for opens/shorts and excessive current draw. The test fails when current draw exceeds a calibrated limit and/or an open or short is detected. Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S.
Water in harness connector.
Open VPWR circuit.
Open GND circuit.
Low battery voltage.
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
Damaged HO2S heater.
Damaged PCM.
Wiring.
Damaged HO2S heater.
Damaged PCM.

P0141 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-125) See DTC P0135

Is the P0171 code gone then?
WASaZX3pos

Well, we will see, unless it shows up again.