Ice Racing in Lindstrom MN

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
Big Boy

I thought I'd just toss it out there in case anyone's looking for something fun to do this weekend. On Saturday some friends and I are heading to Lindstrom to watch some ice racing.

http://iira-icerace.org/
ElectricAl
Car: 05 Silver ST...ill stock

Thanks for the post, that would be cool to see...
My car isn't fast... but don't tell it that, cuz it wants to be
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

My wife and I made it out to watch some races. Do you drive a silver svt?
Big Boy

Yup. My wife and I went with a couple friends. It was a blast. I was rooting for the FB RX-7. We saw their other car last year and were amazed at how well they were handling the FR setup on the ice.
Big Boy

The event had great access. Wouldn't drive a lowered car down the slope as there are some bumps that could catch, but my stock SVT handled it just fine. Lot's of space on the ice. You can freely watch from the entire area surrounding the track. The teams seem to be filled with good people who enjoy purpose built grassroot modifications without concern for looks. The teams are friendly and seem to enjoy it when people ask questions and make remarks about their cars. It was a great time. I didn't take any pics of this race but maybe I'll post some pics my friend took at last years event.
Big Boy

Always nice to have a spare engine in case you want to do an engine swap on the ice.

CrazySVTChick
Car: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP

Big Boy wrote:Yup. My wife and I went with a couple friends. It was a blast. I was rooting for the FB RX-7. We saw their other car last year and were amazed at how well they were handling the FR setup on the ice.
I stopped to check out your car after one of the races. I was in my black SVT with my new winter rims and tires. I thought your silver one looked pretty sharp.
TURBO BABY!!!
Big Boy

Thanks. :D