D23E injectors in a zetec

For your Ford Focus related discussion
bflesher

Are these just a drop in for the zetec or will it need to be retuned? Wondering if they might be useful since i have the stockers and was making 150 wheel hp but have since installed some adjustable cam gears and might one day actually dial them in. So i may possibly need larger injectors after the dial in.
spots25

zurno wrote:
spots25 wrote:did anybody ever decide what it did to their fuel economy?
penis
:lol:
00' Kona
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

My mileage didn't change either. Always been about 28,pg average for the entire time I've owned the car, since brand new.

They are a direct swap, sorta. Depends on your definition. physically the injectors are the same dimension wise. The only difference is they are an EV6 style Bosch connector vs your stock EV1 style Bosch connector. That means you'll either have to cut and splice or use an adapter. I used an adapter, specifically these, http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/produc ... ts_id/1709

Steve might be able to get them from Ford Motorsport, I never had him look. But IIRC the part # on the bag they came in had a FMS # or logo; come with some Mustang supercharger kit or something I think.
--John
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Steve has them, I got mine from Tousley.
Dean

focusfan
Car: 2001 Silver ZX3

hafftrak wrote:Steve has them, I got mine from Tousley.
How much did you get these for? And do you still have those 4 adapters?
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

I don't remember what I paid for them. I think I still have four of them, I'll have to look. They are buried somewhere in my garage in uptown Minneapolis. I'll look for them next time I get there.
Dean

focusfan
Car: 2001 Silver ZX3

By the way did the idle ever return to normal after awhile?