WTT/borrow ECU

Have something you want to get rid of or something you're looking for? Post it here!
KRYPTO
Car: 02 race car red SVT

Looking for a stock ECU for an 01 ZX3. The one I have I believe is not stock tuned (Pappy's old one for FI)
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Don't forget you have to get it programmed for the PATS keys.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

I am pretty sure that the IC stores the PATS programing in it. That said.......you will have to do program module installation on the pcm so that it matches the VIN that is stored in the other modules, otherwise it will not work. Needless to say it is going to be pretty difficult to make that work
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

I tossed a different ECU in my wife's car because I thought the original had a bad injector driver. All I had to do to get it running was to make it read a key it was programmed for. I found out that wasn't the problem so I swapped it back so I wouldn't have to deal with having different keys for the doors and ignition. What sorts of problems will crop up if you don't do anything else?

I've still got the spare ECU with a key and ignition cylinder if you want to try it out. It's been set up with a 4-program superchip, but it's easy enough to unplug that. It's from a 5-speed Zetec sedan.

I almost forgot to mention Al told me his locksmith has the required equipment to program PATS keys and airbag computers. I keep meaning to give him a call so I can get a couple more keys for the wife's car.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
KRYPTO

So if I get a stock ECU out of an 01 ZX3 5speed 16V zetec car I'll still need to program it for my 01 ZX3 5speed 16V zetec, that doesnt make much sense...

(I should of bought a Honda)
KRYPTO

harold wrote:I've still got the spare ECU with a key and ignition cylinder if you want to try it out. It's been set up with a 4-program superchip, but it's easy enough to unplug that. It's from a 5-speed Zetec sedan.

I almost forgot to mention Al told me his locksmith has the required equipment to program PATS keys and airbag computers. I keep meaning to give him a call so I can get a couple more keys for the wife's car.
All I need is the ECU to try.
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

KRYPTO wrote: All I need is the ECU to try.
Well, to get it started you also need a key that the ECU is programmed for. The way I did it was just to unscrew the sensor from the cylinder and held it to the proper key while using my car's key to turn the ignition lock. That way I didn't have to pull that cylinder out of the column. If all you're doing is testing to make sure it'll work, that's probably the way to go. If you decide you want to swap it for good, then you'd have somebody program that ECU for your keys and screw the sensor back in.

Anyway, my company's shop is in Lino Lakes. I could bring the ECU with me when I head up there next and let them know you'd be picking it up.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Yup, you just need a matching ECU and key.

Although the PCM from that yellow car should actually be Pappys stock ECU out of his blue car, the ECU from the yellow car is in Pappys car now because it had the tuning for the JRSC on it (bad as it was).

Confused yet?

Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Um no.

I have the same ECU my car came from the factory.

I got my SCT chip out of the car, as it had the same computer code.

So therefore since the chip was removed the car has it's stock tune.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Ohhhhh, makes sense.

This time it's me forgetting how the different Focus ECU's work, on an SVT the way to do it would be swapping ECU's and keys.

KRYPTO

Well if my ECU is at stock tune then I have other problems.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

KRYPTO wrote:Well if my ECU is at stock tune then I have other problems.
Such as?

KRYPTO

Well now that I have the O2 and serp belt on it starts runs fine for about 20sec then idles rough and dies. Before I did those 2 things it was fine so I was thinking the ECU is now reading the o2 but didnt have a stock tune so was making it to rich or something.
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

the o2 was stripped out after the cat. it seems to be running better, but not great now. still throwing the codes i posted in tuning
KRYPTO

Did you put the CHT sensor in?