Back in MN....got the van running

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
ford06
Car: Black 01 Merc. Cougar C2

I got back into Maple Grove on Thursday..... and I have spent the whole weekend working on that darn van. I was under the impression that some work had been done to it......but was dead wrong. Thing wouldnt even start. So a 2 friends and I worked on the van all weekend. We got it running, and it is safe to drive now...... Heres what we did, replaced the battery, starter, alternator, few hoses, wires, spark plugs, tires, rotors, tie rods, ball joints, motor on window. Still need to figure out what is going on with the side door. THe handle pulls off everytime you try to open it from the outside. the door locks dont always work, speakers keep shorting out, gas guage doesnt always work, have to get one of the tires resealed because for some reason the thing would hold more han 10psi in it. I think i may end up buying new rims at some point. THe guy i got the first set of tires from told me the rims may cause the tires to leak. also suspect the head gasket blew before my mom got it. There is oil EVERYWHERE under the hood. I cleaned off some of it around the engine block and head gasket but there is still alot caked on around the spark plugs. also wouldnt hurt to get some some body work done... has a good hand full of scratches and dents all over it. Just recently found a leak too, which appears to be brake fluid. As of next week, I sohuld have the new windshield washer arm for the back window to get that fixed too. Havent decided if we are gonna keep it or not. Ill get some pictures within the next week or so while i not working. I just started a new job. Cant believe I came back up here for the coldest time of the year though! and to sit outside and work on a car.....