dsi help

For your Ford Focus related discussion
nemo

Is there anybody in the south metro that can come over and put my dsi lever on,I will give you 20$ for your troubles.

I can slip the lever on and off I just can't get the spring part to work.

I would drive the car to the dealer if I could get the dsi motor to stop working
Steve@Tasca
Midget

nemo wrote:Is there anybody in the south metro that can come over and put my dsi lever on,I will give you 20$ for your troubles.

I can slip the lever on and off I just can't get the spring part to work.

I would drive the car to the dealer if I could get the dsi motor to stop working
I'd do it for you but you'd have to drive to me in Shoreview, I'll be working here at Tousley tomorrow from 9:00 am to 1:00 PM as well.

You can drive the car with it unhooked, just unplug the DSI acutator and make sure you wrap up the connector and socket on the actuator real well to keep moisture out.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
nemo

how do I unplug the dsi motor
Steve@Tasca
Midget

nemo wrote:how do I unplug the dsi motor

Just follow the sound, it's under the drivers side front corner of the car. If you lay on the ground and look under the corner of the bumper cover you'll see it there.

It's like any other component, just find the wiring and unplug it.

Keep in mind that you will get a check engine light if you do that but the car will run just fine and the light will go away after you plug it back in if you just disconnect the battery for a short time to reset the ECU.

nemo

Thanks to Steve for slapping it on,but I think I'm going to drive it unhooked for a while. The car seams to get 3 to 5 mpg better,and runs great.
PBZX3

Late to the party...What's a dsi motor and how will it improve mileage?
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
Steve@Tasca
Midget

PBZX3 wrote:Late to the party...What's a dsi motor and how will it improve mileage?
DSI= Dual stage intake.

It's on SVT's and he's leaving his unhooked which means he's running on the high speed runners at all times.

PBZX3

aahhhh, now I understand.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i dont, why would f-ed up fuel trims allow you to get better mileage? dont that thing bog like a pig down low? all that black smoke is not a good thing. :?
Image wink wink.....bitches
nemo

I don't know ,maybe less pumping loss,maybe the fuel and air mix better.

I'm only 40 miles into a new tank, so I'll report back if I turn some big numbers.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

nemo wrote:I don't know ,maybe less pumping loss,maybe the fuel and air mix better.

I'm only 40 miles into a new tank, so I'll report back if I turn some big numbers.
pumping loss? the only way i could see mpg improvements are if it was running leaner than normal, but this is bad cus the cossie engine in the st170 is of higher compression and that plus lean equals hole in pistion. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches