SVTF Alignment

For your Ford Focus related discussion
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

I've whined in the past :lol: about the Goodyear F1's that I have on my car (probably only 10,000 miles). They are cupped horribly, and make enough noise to drown out a Harley! They're driving me nuts!
I have driven 3 winters on my other tires (Dunlop SP Winter Tires), and they don't show any unusual wear patterns.
Anyway, I need to get the Goodyear's shaved, or more probably, get a new set of tires. I don't want a repeat of this problem, so I might get an all wheel alignment. Any suggestions or recommended alignment shops or places to get the tires shaved? (Anybody have the mailing address for the president of Goodyear so I can mail him these pieces of ____?) Please keep in mind that I live in the Boonies near Osceola, WI.
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

I have a very good set (less than 15k miles) of 215/45/17 Kumho Solus KH16's I'll be selling soon if you're interested.
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

I have 2 years on my Solus KH16's, just took them off and only my front left (lol) tire is worn down noticeably. Props to those as touring tires.

I'm actually going in to get an alingment later today as well. I know some people and i'll end up paying somewhere around $45 for an all wheel, full alingment.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

IIRC Tousley has a deal going and it's like $59.95 for a four wheel alignment.
ZX2_racer

Toe only. Granted, we are unadjustable in the front OEM, and only partially rear for camber.
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

I'm thinking I should go get an alignment... what would I need? I've seen camber plates, crash bolts, adjustable arms, etc.
Don't really want to waste money on stuff I don't need.
Dean

Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

hafftrak wrote:I'm thinking I should go get an alignment... what would I need? I've seen camber plates, crash bolts, adjustable arms, etc.
Don't really want to waste money on stuff I don't need.
Whats done to your suspension thus far?
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Eibach Sportlines, Eibach shocks, 19mm front & 21mm rear sway bar. I'm thinking with the 2" drop I should probably get the camber checked.
Dean

ZX2_racer

Idk. I had the camber checked on my car. The left side was still in normal spec and the front right was off by .10*, and rear right was off by .15*. However, all my wheels were toed to the left bad.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

hafftrak wrote:Eibach Sportlines, Eibach shocks, 19mm front & 21mm rear sway bar. I'm thinking with the 2" drop I should probably get the camber checked.
I'd add rear camber bolts. You aren't low enough to be in need of front camber plates or the need for rear adjustable arms.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I might recommend camber plates as well...when I dropped mine 1.5 inches, it needed the plates. And the sportlines are lower, I believe...so you might need the plates. Just a heads up, but you won't know until you take the car in and have it checked...
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
ZX2_racer

15 bucks gets you my rear camber bolts. New in box, even still have the FocusSport sticker if you want it.
KRYPTO
Car: 02 race car red SVT

sounds more like a blown shocks to me... I have a 3" drop with no alignment yet and my tires arent cupped or anything.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

KRYPTO wrote:sounds more like a blown shocks to me... I have a 3" drop with no alignment yet and my tires arent cupped or anything.
How many miles?
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

oldoutboardjim wrote:I've whined in the past :lol: about the Goodyear F1's that I have on my car (probably only 10,000 miles). They are cupped horribly, and make enough noise to drown out a Harley! They're driving me nuts!
I have driven 3 winters on my other tires (Dunlop SP Winter Tires), and they don't show any unusual wear patterns.
Anyway, I need to get the Goodyear's shaved, or more probably, get a new set of tires. I don't want a repeat of this problem, so I might get an all wheel alignment. Any suggestions or recommended alignment shops or places to get the tires shaved? (Anybody have the mailing address for the president of Goodyear so I can mail him these pieces of ____?) Please keep in mind that I live in the Boonies near Osceola, WI.
alright. the goodyears gotta go, i have prime well pz900's prolly the most crap tire out there and if it weret for some dip shit at work peeling my tape weights off my reat tires would still be perfect, i also have a 1.5-1.75 inch drop and have never had a wear issue, even the fire hawks wore flat. i think it has something to do with the compound of certian tires. i have found with any bridgestone tire on these cars works well, or any soft summer compound works good. but krypto is right, sounds like a dead rear shock, the svt springs are small and dinky they dont absorb any of the shock of any bumps real well, also run yer tires at 34-35 psi like yer sposta and yes get an alignment, but if its cupping yer trying to fix an alingment is a waste of time. tires cup from leaving the ground and then hitting the ground( think of an airplane landing, the scerch from the tires is almost the same thing your tires are doing a couple thousand times)
Image wink wink.....bitches