Tint party?

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
ScottyK
Can't remember what he drove to work today
Car: 2005 Liquid Grey Focus ST

I noticed the last get together was a "tint party". Will there be anyone there to tint on Saturday?
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

No.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
ScottyK

Solid answer....thanks. Need to get my windows tinted soon. Thinking 35% on all. Will that be too dark and get me pulled over? I had 35% all the way around on my 2004 wagon ZTW and NEVER got a second look from a cop. I always thought it was because I was driving a WAGON. I'll prob. go 35%.

So, next up on mods....remove all decals, relocate ST, Tint windows, Cover "ford" emblems on front and back with whatever o2designs has for me, install halo headlights. That'll be all for this year. Oh, and add mnfocus stickers too.

So, I am starting to think the guy at firestone wasn't BSing me. The back end really sways and moves around a lot...mostly in-town driving...under 40mph. Would there be other causes than the bushings to this effect? The new rims and tires maybe?

Now I am talking too much. Sorry.

East ramp at the mega mall....i'll do my best to be there.
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

50% is legal limit. i'll get dark dan's number or email so you can talk to him.
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

Monkey-Gein wrote:50% is legal limit. i'll get dark dan's number or email so you can talk to him.
Wrong. I had to deal with this a year ago.
No tint is legal on the Front Windshield.
55% is the legal limit on the Driver front and passanger front windows.
Anything behind the front sides can be tinted to whatever is wanted. all the way down to 0%, but if you're gonna do that, just bust out some paint and do it that way. lol. I'm not sure about the rear window, but I think that might be 35%.
ScottyK

We don't have anyone that tints here....could I get tinted somewhere while i am down there on Saturday?
Monkey-Gein

Stilz wrote:
Monkey-Gein wrote:50% is legal limit. i'll get dark dan's number or email so you can talk to him.
Wrong. I had to deal with this a year ago.
No tint is legal on the Front Windshield.
55% is the legal limit on the Driver front and passanger front windows.
Anything behind the front sides can be tinted to whatever is wanted. all the way down to 0%, but if you're gonna do that, just bust out some paint and do it that way. lol. I'm not sure about the rear window, but I think that might be 35%.
ummmm, no, you are wrong. fail

169.71 WINDSHIELD.
Subdivision 1.Prohibitions generally; exceptions.

(a) A person shall not drive or operate any motor vehicle with:

(1) a windshield cracked or discolored to an extent to limit or obstruct proper vision;

(2) any objects suspended between the driver and the windshield, other than sun visors and rearview mirrors and electronic toll collection devices; or

(3) any sign, poster, or other nontransparent material upon the front windshield, sidewings, or side or rear windows of the vehicle, other than a certificate or other paper required to be so displayed by law or authorized by the state director of the Division of Emergency Management or the commissioner of public safety.

(b) Paragraph (a), clauses (2) and (3), do not apply to law enforcement vehicles.

(c) Paragraph (a), clause (2), does not apply to authorized emergency vehicles.
Subd. 2.Windshield wiper.

The windshield on every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a device for cleaning rain, snow or other moisture from the windshield, which device shall be so constructed as to be controlled or operated by the driver of the vehicle.
Subd. 3.Defrosting requirement.

No person shall drive any motor vehicle with the windshield or front side windows covered with steam or frost to such an extent as to prevent proper vision.
Subd. 4. Glazing material; prohibitions and exceptions.

(a) No person shall drive or operate any motor vehicle required to be registered in the state of Minnesota upon any street or highway under the following conditions:

(1) when the windshield is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material which has the effect of making the windshield more reflective or in any other way reducing light transmittance through the windshield;

(2) when any window on the vehicle is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material that has a highly reflective or mirrored appearance;

(3) when any side window or rear window is composed of or treated with any material so as to obstruct or substantially reduce the driver's clear view through the window or has a light transmittance of less than 50 percent plus or minus three percent in the visible light range or a luminous reflectance of more than 20 percent plus or minus three percent; or

(4) when any material has been applied after August 1, 1985, to any motor vehicle window without an accompanying permanent marking which indicates the percent of transmittance and the percent of reflectance afforded by the material. The marking must be in a manner so as not to obscure vision and be readable when installed on the vehicle.

(b) This subdivision does not apply to glazing materials which:

(1) have not been modified since the original installation, nor to original replacement windows and windshields, that were originally installed or replaced in conformance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 205;

(2) are required to satisfy prescription or medical needs of the driver of the vehicle or a passenger if:

(i) the driver or passenger is in possession of the prescription or a physician's statement of medical need;

(ii) the prescription or statement specifically states the minimum percentage that light transmittance may be reduced to satisfy the prescription or medical needs of the patient; and

(iii) the prescription or statement contains an expiration date, which must be no more than two years after the date the prescription or statement was issued; or

(3) are applied to:

(i) the rear windows of a pickup truck as defined in section 168.002, subdivision 26;

(ii) the rear windows or the side windows on either side behind the driver's seat of a van as defined in section 168.002, subdivision 40;

(iii) the side and rear windows of a vehicle used to transport human remains by a funeral establishment holding a license under section 149A.50;

(iv) the side and rear windows of a limousine as defined in section 168.002, subdivision 15; or

(v) the rear and side windows of a police vehicle.
https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=169.71
http://v4.fivezeroseven.com/showthread.php?t=8323
Monkey-Gein

here ya go. this is DarkDan's info.
507-363-1722
dannorte@hurricanetint.com
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

Monkey-Gein wrote:(3) when any side window or rear window is composed of or treated with any material so as to obstruct or substantially reduce the driver's clear view through the window or has a light transmittance of less than 50 percent plus or minus three percent in the visible light range or a luminous reflectance of more than 20 percent plus or minus three percent; or
So its 50% plus or minus 3 on the front sides and 20% plus or minus 3 on the rears...
wow I totaly failed...
ass
o6designs
Owns underwear older than you

By the way in Minnesota a window tint ticket is no longer a "fix it ticket"! It counts the same as a moving violation -same as speed . Insurance companies view it the same way ! If you manage to get away from a cop stop with only a warning ,it will be rare . ---Bob
I <3 my Miata (and ketchup/catsup)
ScottyK

Man.....maybe I won't tint this year.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Street Scenes Tint
(763) 784-7070
8445 University Ave Ne, Minneapolis, MN 55432

"If you want to get it done tomarrow call them today" With people getting there cars out of storage they are probably getting very busy.

Life time warrenty as long as you own the car. They do great work!!

They have done a couple cars in the club here and alot of other very well known cars in the cities area.

I have 35% in my very front two windows and 30% in the back windows I have never been bothered with a black car and black interior witch makes the tint appear darker yet.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Monkey-Gein

Stilz wrote:
Monkey-Gein wrote:light transmittance of less than 50 percent plus or minus three percent in the visible light range
luminous reflectance of more than 20 percent plus or minus three percent
So its 50% plus or minus 3 on the front sides and 20% plus or minus 3 on the rears...
wow I totaly failed...
ass
yes, you do fail. i dunno where you got rear out of luminous reflectance. the olny time you can legally have anything darker than 50% is if it's a truck, van, limo, hearse (or other dead people transport), or a popo car. and yes, i am a great big ass cause i look out for people and try to give them the CORRECT info based on the law to help prevent them from getting hassled as much and not getting a ticket that'll cost them alot of money. then, after that, have to pay to get the tint off.

in short. don't know shit, don't talk shit. and stfu
ScottyK

Everyone settle down....I appreciate all the help. :lol:
9fcskells
Car: 2009 sterling grey focus

yeah, I agree! Street Scenes tint all the way. can't beat lifetime warranty. I went 30% all around and haven't gotten any attention from cops so far