3rd Annual Kaliedoscope Car Show. May 30th, St. Cloud.

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

Hey guys, some of you have already attend this event and well, here it is again! This year I hope to expand the show in many new directions, including the possible chance of some motorcycle stunt tricks! The show will not be taking place in the same location, but the new location allows for a MUCH larger area, and the lot will be all our own!

For those that don't know, all the proceeds from this event are donated to a fund to help construct a playground here in St. Cloud at Wilson Park. It is 99% accessible (yep, even wheel chairs!). As of right now, the playground has been constructed, but the most expensive part of the playground is all that we have left. It is the rubber surfacing that is needed to make it as accessible as possible. This year, Bremer Bank in St. Cloud has given the group a 100% match grant of up to $50,000! That means if the class makes $50,000, Bremer will MATCH it, giving the class another $50,000! However, if the class were to only make $30,000, Bremer will only give them $30,000, so the more you donate, the more the class gets! Let's get together and make this happen guys! All cars that come can apply to show, you will not be laughed at, no matter if your driving a Buick or Lambo! Bikes will also be able to show this year, and we plan on having awards for car show categories and bikes.

So far we have picked up a sponsorship from the City of St. Cloud, which is letting us hold the event in the lot, free of charge, and is also waving almost all of the legal and paper pushing fees that a normal group would need to pay. We are also planning on talking with Bernick's Pepsi, and local companies to contribute. Any donations are appreciated, even if it's just linking this event to other forums, whatever helps! Here come the specifics, as I have them set currently:

Date: Saturday, May 30th
Times: Registration/Check-in will start at 10am, and the show will be open at noon, we will hand out awards at 3-3:30ish, and after that it's all up to you on what you want to do. Stand around and kick tires, or Cruise St. Cloud's Division Street and get some grub!
Costs: Everything will cost $10 to enter, and will get you a sheet to place in your wind-sheild for judging. Bikes will get a similar sheet to tape or put on their bike. ADMISSION FOR THE PUBLIC IS FREE.
Location: Auto Value Parts Store, 29th Ave. S., St. Cloud. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 20342&z=16

Questions? Ask away!
Comments? Let me know.

Let's make this a BIG meet this year guys, and feel free to link this to your friends on other forums.
Last edited by ZX2_racer on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
mhines88
Car: 04 Silver w/blue SVTF

the title says may 3rd? lol you might want to change this

Silver Frost SVTF w/ blue lightning bolt
Short ram w/ minor exhaust work
!!SOLD!!
ZX2_racer

fixt.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

I'll plan on attending this.

Might have a car and a truck to put in it.

Also will they accept Semi's with or without a trailer?
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
ZX2_racer

Hmmm. Just to let you know I am personally planning this event so as far as the semi question, I see no issue at all. The lot we have reserved has ample space, i'd say probably 300 spots, so we got room to spare. The food area will get set up on the grass next to the lot, so it won't take up space at all.

I would actually love to see the semi there, trailer or not. Add to the variety!

Just try and come as early as possible, so that he can get situated without hassle. Come as close to or earlier than 11 as you can. I'll probably get there at ten or so to set up stuff, if we don't get stuff locked up the day before. So you'll have 3 total? And if you want to invite MORE trucks, feel free. I remember that you had some cruise last fall with a bunch of big rigs, and if they showed up, I won't turn them away. We'll find room. I'm sure the city wouldn't mind closing down a street or two. lol.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

It would only be a Semi or two. I would only bring my pickup truck. I'll talk to a couple other friends of mine and see if they would bring there cars also.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
ZX2_racer

The more the merrier!
m1nDg4m3s
Car: 2002 sonic blue SVT

this sounds awesome! I am in for sure. If you need any help let me know, i would love to chip in wherever im needed.
ZX2_racer

Sounds awesome Chris! Right now my main focus is to find prizes to give away, so if you have any ideas, let me know! I'll also get back to you tomo on those jackstands.
dschlei

so yeah i am pretty new to the whole mnfocus.com but if you need any help let me know as well and i will do my damndest to lend a hand...it will be nice to meet more people with love for the focus and see what others have done to their cars as well as other makes and models :)
ZX2_racer

roll on up!
ZX2_racer

Bump for more interest.
mhines88
Car: 04 Silver w/blue SVTF

we should get together and make up a flyer to post around in shops and what not in may to promote the show :D

Silver Frost SVTF w/ blue lightning bolt
Short ram w/ minor exhaust work
!!SOLD!!
ZX2_racer

Ok guys, me and the nextxcc crew got together today, and have decided that we will merge the shows, so to say. Here's how it works:

Free to spectate, as normal, and instead of $10 bucks to get into the show as a show car, it's now only $5. (First post will be amended). I dropped the price as part of the agreement with them. I figure that even if I only charge $5, most people will still over pay, and donate to the cause.

The location has changed now. Here is the new map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 20342&z=16 . First post changed again. Dana, the entry into the parking lot is FLAT. Again, i'll take pictures for you, but for sure you should have no issue.

Time for entry has been bumped back an hour, but shouldn't be an issue, as some cars will be being parked overnight before the show, so as soon as you get there, the show is started, all day, until 4pm. I will still be there early that morning marking off locations for clubs, and people that have request reserved spots.

I believe this is going to be for the best, and overall we are expecting around 100+ cars showing. If you have shared with other forums, please let them know asap, so we don't have people showing up for nothing.

Sorry for the location change guys, but it's better this way.
Pepsi50195
Resident parts whore
Car: 2000 autumn orange zx3

i would be down, i don't knwo whats going on that weekend for me tho
AIM: OpOrangeZX3
MNFOCUS's resident parts whore...
BOOST CREW HERE I AM.......bitches...:lol: