Time to Powdercoat my Wheels

For your Ford Focus related discussion
MAT

Any recomendations for a local place to do my FRPP wheels? They need to be stripped of the flaking clearcoat first. Thanks.

MAT
MAT
Roberts, WI
05 ZX3 SES Infra-red (It's hot!)

Mods: Crane Stg 1 cams, F2 Header, Marcy CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, FocusSport ECU tuning, SVT suspension, 17" FRPP rally wheels
(I'm just getting warmed up!)
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I think this place does them: http://www.precisionwheels.com/
Slower than your stock focus.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Pappy knows a good powdercoater, I'm sure he'll find his way in here.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Pappy knows a good powdercoater, I'm sure he'll find his way in here.
I'm not sure if he's still using the guy I referred him to, but he's not local. He's on the other side of Wisconsin, so shipping wheels there might cost as much as going someplace locally.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I've got a kind of local place, its Southeast MN, so its close to me, but not sure how far away from you. They did my header last spring. But they don't do the stripping. I've got a place in Rochester here that does the beadblasting.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
MAT

I found an ad for a place in Spring Valley WI (about 30 miles from my house) called Ultimate Coatings. They say no job too small. Anybody heard of them?

http://www.ultcoatings.com/

Do I have to be concerned about the type of coating? Brake dust has stained the white paint under my clearcoat already and I want to keep them white. Not sure if they will (or need to) clearcoat them again or not.
MAT
Roberts, WI

Mods: Crane Stg 1 cams, F2 Header, Marcy CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, FocusSport ECU tuning, SVT suspension, 17" FRPP rally wheels
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Redlineracer12 wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Pappy knows a good powdercoater, I'm sure he'll find his way in here.
I'm not sure if he's still using the guy I referred him to, but he's not local. He's on the other side of Wisconsin, so shipping wheels there might cost as much as going someplace locally.
Yea. Not worth it to ship wheels I don't think....
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
o2designs

MAT wrote:I found an ad for a place in Spring Valley WI (about 30 miles from my house) called Ultimate Coatings. They say no job too small. Anybody heard of them?

http://www.ultcoatings.com/

Do I have to be concerned about the type of coating? Brake dust has stained the white paint under my clearcoat already and I want to keep them white. Not sure if they will (or need to) clearcoat them again or not.
When they coat them, they need to bead blast the wheels down to the metal. The whole wheel needs to be bare and removed of all paint. Then when they powdercoat them, and bake them, it has a protective coating so they don't chip away again. It has a clear built into the coating.

The Ford wheels are all painted, so you should'nt have a problem again with the clear lifting, since they will be coated differently then from the factory.
MAT

I'd like to give a plug to the place I mentioned above in Spring Valley WI. I got the wheels back in 2 days and they look great. They also have an epoxy base primer and he blasted off all the old paint. He said the clear came off real easy but the paint under was tough. It ended up costing me a little more because of it (and all the spokes). Total was $220 out the door.
MAT
Roberts, WI

o2designs

Damn thats a good deal. I remember paying alittle bit more to have mine done acouple years ago...but don't remember the exact price. Pics when mounted!!
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

I had mine done at all pro in st. cloud for 170 out the door.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

mnfocusS wrote:I had mine done at all pro in st. cloud for 170 out the door.
Wich wheels and what color?

Could use to get my SVT wheels coated.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

they were my 15's, so thats why it was so cheap. he did it for stock color price, so it was 40/wheel. Stock colors are stuff that they always use, like black and stuff.

I won't say the exact color yet. They should be on in about 2-3 weeks and i'll get pictures up.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
MAT

I'll try to get pics up but he coated the entire rim, even the inside. They look better than the factory paint when new! His website lists prices for normal wheels starting at $25 each.
MAT
Roberts, WI

Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

That's cool, I like Spring Valley... A cool little town.

The guy I usually have do my stuff does it right out of his garage, but someplace within driving range is much better for large/heavy items.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha