Focus is dead!!!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
KRYPTO
Car: 02 race car red SVT

The Focus is dead??????????? parked it for maybe 4 hours then when I went to start it, everything was dead. But only when the key is in the run and/or start position. Its not fully dead cuz you can see the warning lights on, but barely. Thought it was a dead battery at first, but it wouldnt jump start so was thinking starter or something. Pushed it down hill and the motor would turn over, but no spark. I unhooked the battery to reset the ECU but that didnt change anything. I dont know what it could be :?
It just all of a sudden did this?
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Ignition cylinder? I remember some Foci had a problem with them.
07 ST S.A.P.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Moisture somewhere would be my guess, check all the battery connections to start with.

It's probably related to the submarine races you took part in a while back.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
KRYPTO

battery is in the hatch, connections are tight and dry
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Sounds like a ground issue to me. Check all your grounds, take them off clean then reattach.
Slower than your stock focus.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The starter and wiring are still up front correct?

Justin has his battery in the back as well and he's burned through about 6 alternators and I'm sure thats got something to do with it.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
mars

maybe u finally need a new battery?? u said the battery was dead right?
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
KRYPTO

battery is 1 month old. thought the alt was going out, but had it tested and still good (a month ago) After I turn the key to the off position It makes a fast clicking sound from the dash then lights and stuff turn on.
Steve, yes wires are still up front.
Louis, I have extra grounds on the motor. But will be checking the one in back by the battery with others.
Mars, I have full power unless the key is in the run or start position. All lights and radio work untell I turn the key to run then it goes dead.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

The clicking sounds like the starter relay, fairly normal. Did you check your starter fuse, I think it is a 30 Amp under the hood. Check your manual, it will show the position of the fuse. If that is blown that means that something is shorted somewhere causing an overamp issue. Also the Starter relay might have gone bad, rare occurance, but could happen. Lastly it could be the stater switch itself as so many people had problems with.
Slower than your stock focus.
KRYPTO

It doesn't click when I try to start it. Clicks after I turn the key to off. (off, clicking, lights, power)
KRYPTO

may be more of a humming then clicking. Haven't looked at it yet today. Gotta get a ride out to it :(
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

Its probable a fuse or relay. Since there is no power in the run position, I would not worry about the starting circuit, because there probable isn't power at the solinoid to close it. I would focus on why there is no power in the run position. Figuring that out will probable solve both problems.
KRYPTO

Me and focinite did some digging and found the relays and fuses good. There is a short somewhere. I unhooked my power junction (main/battery, alt, fuse block/etc) If I hook the main and alt up its fine. If I hook main and fuse block it drops from 12.6V to .887V :(
We took apart the fuse box under the hood and found nothing wrong with any wires. I just dont get it :? So now she sits dead.
richie_1

ITS YOUR ALTERNATOR.. I HAD THAT PROBLEM BEFORE WITH MINE.. CLICKS WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY..WHERE DO U LIVE IN LINO.
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

^please don't write in all caps.

I think it has to do with you trying to race frogs...
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane