Step one complete-Overhaulin?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I want to publically thank umdivx, he helped me complete step one of my engine and tranny work when we removed the tranny today. So as a run down here it is.

Step 1: Remove tranny.
Step 2:
Step 3: Profit.
Slower than your stock focus.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Louis Zerr wrote: I want to publically thank umdivx, he helped me complete step one of my engine and tranny work when we removed the tranny today. So as a run down here it is.

Step 1: Remove tranny.
Step 2:
Step 3: Profit.

Like I told you at your house it was fun. and when ever you need more help just let me know as this is always a learning experience for me so when or if I ever get a zx3 I know what to do.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

so when do we do mine?
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I have a pry bar now, so get it down here and we can tear it apart. That means you might as well get a quaife too. :lol:

I have mine ready to go in and the engine shoudl be out by tonight too, the engine hoist will be in hand by lunch time.
umdivx

Louis Zerr wrote: I have a pry bar now, so get it down here and we can tear it apart. That means you might as well get a quaife too. :lol:

I have mine ready to go in and the engine shoudl be out by tonight too, the engine hoist will be in hand by lunch time.

what??? your takin the engine out without me being there? hehe jk if you do need help let me know
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Got the engine out today and got everything stripped off the block except for the oil pan which will come off tomorrow since i am sore for some unknown reason. Too many habaneros last night i think, mmm habanaros. The block is going to Matt's Machine in Cokato and he said he could get it done in a week, but with the holidays i am not expecting that. then the real fun will begin as i reainstall the engine, tranny and turbo kit in time for the deep snow! I will be soliciting some help i am sure and does anyone have a cam alignment tool handy?
1FastSVT
have you seen my boxers?

Hey man... if ya need some help im more than willing (for some habineros that is) 8)
Im not the greatest car tech but i can hold stuff like no other :wink: :wink:

lemme know brah!!
haha PEACE
is that a focus... who pimps out a focus?
I DO BIATCH!!!! WANNA FUX?
FOCI

why are you taking your car apart? Hasn't it been at a shop getting a custom turbo kit for the last couple months?
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Well to make it short and sweet, shop guy blew my engine then a month later sold the shop. Now i have all the parts for a kick ass car and i need to get it going before my fiance kills me.
FOCI

that sucks but good luck
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I picked up my engine from B&A in Ramsey yesterday. They honed and fully balanced the crank and flywheel and installed JE 9:1 pistons and Eagle rods. Magnafluxed the crank and cleaned her up all nice and purty. I also had a valve job done because the exhausts were leaking a bit during a pressure test.

I pulled the tranny apart last night and prepared it for the Quaife LSD i have. The LSD was fitted with its bearings and speed sensor today at Speed Labs (highly recommend Noah's services and for specialty parts ordering).

The tranny will be put back together tonight and things will start to go together quickly. I am hoping to have it running in 2 weeks now.

There are a lot of things to do and my schedule is tight. Playing in a band, working 5 days a week, hanging around with you guys, spending time with my boy and my fiance all add up to a busy life.

Sorry do drag on, but i am really excited.
Pitch Black

thats going to be bad ass.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

You probably don't even have the engine. :twisted:
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Well once again umdivx came over and we were able to mate the tranny to the newly built engine. The ACT stage II clutch went on with the stock flywheel after some wrasslin' with the tranny itself. Bolted them together then carefully hoisted and shoehorned the combo into the engine bay. i have the tranny mount both top and bottom, but i seemed to have lost the water pump housing bolts. These are a showstopper. They will be ordered tomorrow and then this week the work will continue. I think i am getting closer. btw, changing your fuel filter is a biaaatch!!!

I have been awaiting this day since i escaped from the womb!!!
umdivx

I get the first ride :)