tough desicion on moding....

For your Ford Focus related discussion
blueebullet06
Car: 2008 Blue Ford Focus SE

K heres the deal I have an 08 Focus SE just got it in April. Dad has an 03 SE that is paid off. Dad wantsthe 08 real bad cuz he has destroyed the 03. I am thinkiing if I took the 03 Id be able to mod it and wouldnt have monthly payments. BUT Id have to spend so much on work on the car just to get it back to being in okay condition. I love my 08. But I really wanna start moding one of them. With my job and the payments I dont have a lot of extra money. Plus thiswould be my first mod so Im not too sure on where to look for modsand upgrades or what exactly I wantto do. Any advice or thoughts would be very appreciated. Both cars are up on cardomain. screen name on there is blubullet06.

The 03 at minimum needs newsuspension, tires, rims, interior, sound system, transmission and prolly more things done. My dad hardly ever brought it in for maintence. Forexample his last flsuh and oil change were about 8,000 to 10,00 miles ago.... sound system is shot. Transission is shifting very very rough. Interior is torn and stained and just plain ugly. Plusback side windows dont roll down. Trunk latch is messed up from a car accident AND the car was first in colorado so we have had a lot of problems with the omissions gets messed up and causing the car to buck. Also the fuel injection system is screwed. The car does 0-60 in 40 to 50 seconds.No joke. It needs a ton of work but I just dont know which would be better. please help me out thanks!
08 Vista Blue Focus SE
08 Black Focus SE
03 Liquid Grey Focus SE

frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

I'd say stick with what you got. For everything that needs to be done to the 03 you'd be putting more money into it than it is worth. You have a solid start right now. new car, no problems. Mod wise start small. give it some noise. like an exhaust or an intake.
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
Deagle50ae

no joke.
your dad's car sounds like a POS. NOT worth putting money in to.
keep what you have, or sell it and buy something worth modding.
I wear my sunglasses at night.
blueebullet06

I looked into selling it... Id only get maybe 3 grand at most. Any ideas on brands or styles for the exhaust?I like the look of dual exhaust systems so wanna try to do that.
08 Vista Blue Focus SE
08 Black Focus SE
03 Liquid Grey Focus SE

Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

I'd say keep the 08 too. Is that the new body style?
KRYPTO
Car: 02 race car red SVT

stick with what you got.
The 03 would cost way to much to get working good enough for you to drive.
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...
Car: 02 Subaru Outback

Yup, this sounds like a no brainer. Keep yours. Don't waste your time and money on a poorly maintained pile o crap.

Just start small with the one you have, and you'll be on your way in no time to a nicely modded car!
Let's go boating.

Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Yeah it seems to be alot of work just to get the 03 up to par. You could just use that money to the 08 for mods. Yes I do understand you have payments but who doesn't nowadays :D
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
blueebullet06

Thank you all so much for all your advice. I appreciate it. It does seem like a no brainer butI wanted to get othersthoughts on it first. Anyone know of any good shops in the area of Maple Grove/ Osseo/ Crystal/ Plymouth for rims and exhaust system?
08 Vista Blue Focus SE
08 Black Focus SE
03 Liquid Grey Focus SE

Patalrob
Borlatap

I have been to A to Z in Osseo they are very Nice to deal with there. They are right behind Heinen's actually in the same building as there warehouse.

Otherwise check out right here in this Forum. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=474
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
blueebullet06

do you know the address to the place? Or street? Ive heard of Heinens, but not sure where it is exactly.
08 Vista Blue Focus SE
08 Black Focus SE
03 Liquid Grey Focus SE

Patalrob
Borlatap

They are right off of hwy 81.

Here is the address and number.

21 1st St NW
Osseo, MN 55369
(763) 425-1203
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
blueebullet06

awesome! thanks much!
08 Vista Blue Focus SE
08 Black Focus SE
03 Liquid Grey Focus SE

KRYPTO
Car: 02 race car red SVT

I've heard good stuff about MAP but never been there myself.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

kay heres the deal. give the 08 to pops and get the old and busted. now since its a shit turd, strip it down to an empty shell, sell all the parts that are still good, with the 9 grand you just made go put a down payment on a sti or a bike or sumtin cus youll find out sooner or later this platform only goes so far. if you want to have a dope lookin ride stick with the 08, if you want a anti rice car then go for the beater, but know that its gonna take time and money.....a hole lot of spendin money.....sorry old song, any way...oh yeah its all on what yer lookin fer at the end( yeah right like there an end to this habit) if it were my self id try to get the older car and some money outta pops and the start from there. now you said it needs some work? you need to see if the work that needs to be done out weighs the value of said car and if so are you will ing to do most of the work yer self? are you gonna be able to live with an imperfect car? or do you want perfect seams and gaps, do you want that new car smell. if the old and busted is an atx, well its not worth it, trust me i know. if you got a mtx on the oldy then your task just got cheaper. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches