Caliper paint.

For your Ford Focus related discussion
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

What do you guys use? I dont want it to get all chipped up. I'm just looking to paint them black, and I know a few of you have done it. Any tips?
07 ST S.A.P.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Buy a really good clear paint, and cover the crap out of them when your done.

The Duplicolor brush on stuff ain't bad if you don't want to take them apart...
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
KRYPTO
Car: 02 race car red SVT

I used duplicolor caliper paint with ceramic (spray can)
put about 3-4 layers on and works great.

I didnt put any clear coat on and they still look like the day I painted them. Just make sure you clean them good and use a wire brush before you paint.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

ditto to the duplicolor brush-on stuff...I painted mine while I replaced brakes a couple weeks ago, and it couldn't have been easier.
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
soul_hammer
Banned!

ive always just used rustolium of youre choice in colors and had good luck with it.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

soul_hammer wrote:ive always just used rustolium of youre choice in colors and had good luck with it.
Any problems with it bubbling after lots of heavy braking? Calipers can get pretty toasty.
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I used Rustoleum on my calipers on my wagon since that was the only way to get the color I wanted. I autoX with that car, and the paint has not bubbled or anything. That stuff is actually holding up pretty good. If I cleaned them more often, they are still shiney, just like the day I sprayed them. But I've only had them on for acouple months.
AutoXing has alot more brake heat then everyday driving, so I don't think its a problem. Unless your doing 100-0 brakes tests all day, I don't think the calipers get that hot.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
soul_hammer
Banned!

o2designs wrote:I used Rustoleum on my calipers on my wagon since that was the only way to get the color I wanted. I autoX with that car, and the paint has not bubbled or anything. That stuff is actually holding up pretty good. If I cleaned them more often, they are still shiney, just like the day I sprayed them. But I've only had them on for acouple months.
AutoXing has alot more brake heat then everyday driving, so I don't think its a problem. Unless your doing 100-0 brakes tests all day, I don't think the calipers get that hot.

ive had it on a few of my cars/trucks and had no issues of bubling or flaking my ranger was done about 6 years ago and still looks good.
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

I bought one of these brush on kits and I never used it... still debating on it