Pro-Kart

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
davidv

Pitch Black wrote:do you know what F1 cars he races. my uncle races F1 cars all over the world, and i am really into ferraris. i would really like to meet this guy!!

i have to ask him the team name again. I'll get back to you.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

davidv wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Thanks for the invite Dave, I had a great time. It was my brother in laws first time on a Prokart and he said it was a blast.

When we walked in the door and he saw how fast they were he was amazed.

It was fun racing with such a good bunch of guys.

Thanks for showing up. We had a full group of 10 guy show up last night. It made it fun knowing the only people on the track were people in your own group. What made it even more fun was the prokart guys letting us do rolling side by side starts and side by side starts from a stop. I was also pretty cool to see some of the new guys making progress. Nick was looking good by the end of the night and Steve (coworker of mine) took off like 4.5 seconds a lap from his first race to his last race. He has never been to prokart before.

When the prokart employee joined us and raced against us was the most fun for me. It made me really give it my all to keep him from passing me. I finally let him by ( tired of all his bumping, I thought they didn't allow bumping) I noticed he was messing with the fuel mixture knob on the straits. Turns out he was leaning the motor out to go faster. No big beal because even though he beat me by .03 seconds for fasterst lap i think I would have beat him easily if the didn't mess with the fuel mixture.

What amazed me even more was Rueben. We were the 2 fastest divers there. What amazes me is he drove a completely different line than me. He stayed tight all the time where I use as much track as possible. he was always within .1 seconds of my times.

He also is a ford focus fan, he once owned a focus SVT. He now owns 4 cars:
06 jetta winter beater
Porsche boxster (04 i think) special edition
07 fererri (cant remember the name of it)
07 porsche GT2 ( still being built and delivered from germany)
I talked to him about going to one of your meets. He is really a cool guy. He said in the spring I get to take his cars out for spirited driving. He also is a F1 race car driver! His dad owns a champ car team and he does all the testing for his dads team. he dosent race anymore because he is a researcher where I work.

We will do this again around feb-march time frame. i'll post up when we do.
so are you going to get him into autox next year?
davidv

I have tried to get him to autocross many times but he's not really interested. I guess when you drive F1 cars autocross doesn't appeal to him that much. I work on him some more and we'll see what happens!

Also he is a freak about his cars, He is worried about the cones scratching the car. I told him to 3M Clear Bra the car like I did.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

Just egg him on about being afreaid and try to find him a codrive or something.
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

Sounds like it was fun as hell.. I'd love to see a Porsche GT2 at mnfocus meet. :shock: