Pro-Kart

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
davidv

Couple of friends and I are going to pro-kart in Burnsville this Friday (12-7-7). If anyone wants to join us it will be a good time. We will be there from 7:45 PM-11 PM.

Nick (Zurno) you should show up and teach us what you have learned from the MAC league!

David
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I'd be up for it, but I have plans tommorow evening.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Ooooohh, Me, Me, I have been dying to get out to a Kart track.

Do you have it reserved or just have a rough time frame you're going down there?

Do they run Gasloine at this one? It stinks but it's still fun. I am a definite probable.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
davidv

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Ooooohh, Me, Me, I have been dying to get out to a Kart track.

Do you have it reserved or just have a rough time frame you're going down there?

Do they run Gasloine at this one? It stinks but it's still fun. I am a definite probable.

We don't have it reserved. We will be down there from 8-11 roughly. We are going to leave rochester at 6:15 pm (leave from my house) and it will take 1.25 hours to get there.They run the karts on alcohol. The fumes are not that bad. You won't even notice them.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Good deal, the last indoor ProKart I went to ran gas and it was pretty bad.

Do you know what their helmet requirements are? I've got a full face cycle helmet but the Snell rating is out of date. I'm sure it's better than their loaner helmets though.

I am planning on coming.

zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

someone remind me of this tomorrow
davidv

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Good deal, the last indoor ProKart I went to ran gas and it was pretty bad.

Do you know what their helmet requirements are? I've got a full face cycle helmet but the Snell rating is out of date. I'm sure it's better than their loaner helmets though.

I am planning on coming.
as long as you have a full face with a shield you will be fine.
davidv

zurno wrote:someone remind me of this tomorrow

what you # I'll call you when we leave my house.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

zurno wrote:someone remind me of this tomorrow
Hey Nick, karting tonight!! Be there!! 8)

I've got your phone number so I'll try calling you later on. Where are you leaving from, maybe we could carpool.

Edit-my passenger seat is filled with my brother in law but you can squeeze in back if you like.
Last edited by Steve@Tasca on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mars

damn we need our own helmets.???? that sux! hopefully they got loaners or rentouts or watnot..
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
davidv

mars wrote:damn we need our own helmets.???? that sux! hopefully they got loaners or rentouts or watnot..
they have loaner helmets.
mars

dang, i was all excited, then BAM, not money...... ahhhh, well i guess this weekend is no fun for me.... HAVE FUN GUYS!!!!!!!!!
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Thanks for the invite Dave, I had a great time. It was my brother in laws first time on a Prokart and he said it was a blast.

When we walked in the door and he saw how fast they were he was amazed.

It was fun racing with such a good bunch of guys.

davidv

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Thanks for the invite Dave, I had a great time. It was my brother in laws first time on a Prokart and he said it was a blast.

When we walked in the door and he saw how fast they were he was amazed.

It was fun racing with such a good bunch of guys.

Thanks for showing up. We had a full group of 10 guy show up last night. It made it fun knowing the only people on the track were people in your own group. What made it even more fun was the prokart guys letting us do rolling side by side starts and side by side starts from a stop. I was also pretty cool to see some of the new guys making progress. Nick was looking good by the end of the night and Steve (coworker of mine) took off like 4.5 seconds a lap from his first race to his last race. He has never been to prokart before.

When the prokart employee joined us and raced against us was the most fun for me. It made me really give it my all to keep him from passing me. I finally let him by ( tired of all his bumping, I thought they didn't allow bumping) I noticed he was messing with the fuel mixture knob on the straits. Turns out he was leaning the motor out to go faster. No big beal because even though he beat me by .03 seconds for fasterst lap i think I would have beat him easily if the didn't mess with the fuel mixture.

What amazed me even more was Rueben. We were the 2 fastest divers there. What amazes me is he drove a completely different line than me. He stayed tight all the time where I use as much track as possible. he was always within .1 seconds of my times.

He also is a ford focus fan, he once owned a focus SVT. He now owns 4 cars:
06 jetta winter beater
Porsche boxster (04 i think) special edition
07 fererri (cant remember the name of it)
07 porsche GT2 ( still being built and delivered from germany)
I talked to him about going to one of your meets. He is really a cool guy. He said in the spring I get to take his cars out for spirited driving. He also is a F1 race car driver! His dad owns a champ car team and he does all the testing for his dads team. he dosent race anymore because he is a researcher where I work.

We will do this again around feb-march time frame. i'll post up when we do.
Pitch Black

do you know what F1 cars he races. my uncle races F1 cars all over the world, and i am really into ferraris. i would really like to meet this guy!!