Curb - 1, focus - 0

Show off your pictures!!!
rabidcrow
Car: 03 svt

so, wednesday morning I was leaving for work. Got two miles from my house and my rear end went goofy. It started to slide out to the side, and as soon as I tried to pull it back in line, it just started spinning. I guess that's what I get for ridin around on horrible tires and an even worse allignment.

How it used to look:
(bumper was completly fixed, just an old picture)

And how it looks now:
both control arms are bent to shit in the rear, along with the trailing arm and supporting arm. I haven't even looked at the front yet but I'm gonna probably need tie rod ends, and a CV. Bumper was completely destroyed. Thanks to Steve at Tousley for getting me cheep parts to try to get my car back on the road.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

ouch. You'll prob need a steering arm as well, since they are weak, and Rattles needed one on both sides for alot less of a hit...
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

Wow. I guess I don't feel so bad about the curb rash I put on my 17s today. Stupid downtown parking ramps...
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
mars

damn that's pretty f'n bad!!
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
rabidcrow

ya, there's like a mile long section of curbed road between my house (in the country) and town. I just so happened to be right at the start of this when my car desided to go sideways. After closer inspection, it seems like the rear drivers side tire peeled the tread, and thats what started the skid.
I was just to cheep to get new control arms right away and the camber was unbelievabley off in the rear. Also, both the rear tires have been showing the belts for a few weeks now. :shock:
I learned my leason about tires and won't make that mistake again...

O2, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of stuff that's going to need replacing in the front. I'm just to scared to look at it yet. I wanna try and get the back fixed so I can at least drive it into the garage.

I'm so sad... :(
Deagle50ae

insurance.
lol
I wear my sunglasses at night.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

It pains me to see a wheel like that... :(
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
SVT-swap

o2designs wrote:It pains me to see a wheel like that... :(
X2 :(
Y2k
At Least It's Boosted..

ouch that gotta hurt. sorry for ur loss
TQ is addictive
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

bummer dude
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
soul_hammer
Banned!

damn that sucks
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

Holy crap... damn I liked those rims too. :( Thats nuts man, has insurance looked at it yet?
rabidcrow

No, insurance hasn't looked at it, and I wasn't planning it. The responding officer filled out an accident report, but didn't cite me for "inattentive driving" or anything because it was deemed "mechanical failure". (one look at my rear tires told him that)
So, I didn't file a claim with my insurance in hopes of my rates not going up. It's gonna be around 500 to get the car back on the road with stock rims and bumper.

Do you guys think this is the way to go? Or do you think my rates are gonna go up anyway, so I should just file a claim and get money for the rims and bumper and shit?

I'm only 20 and just moved out last year so I'm not very good with this insurance stuff yet, any help is appreciated, thanks

Sucka, do you by chance happen to remember where you got these rims from? I would like to see what two would cost me...
gheycobra
Car: 03' Cobra 7 05' WRX STi

Sorry to hear man, I have a Cervini's front bumper for sale if you are interested.
-Previously Fordfocuszts-
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

rabidcrow wrote:Sucka, do you by chance happen to remember where you got these rims from? I would like to see what two would cost me...
Yea I can pm you the info, dont forget you should get new tires on all 4.