You guys think these are worth the MONEY ?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focusjosh

Im thinking about getting these you guys think they are worth it or should I look into getting something else ?
http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAc ... rodID=1034
http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAc ... rodID=1032
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

What sway bars are you running?
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
grocerygetter
Car: 2006 Infra Red X3

I like mine, although other than when I Autocross it probably doesn't see much "stress" but I could be wrong. I only have the front bar right now I am saving up to get some of those sill plates o2 is always raving about to stiffen the chassis! ha ha roflmao.....

Just had to mod mine, a little sandpaper and some clear to bring out the FS.

If nothing else the front is a nice little dress up item that does serve a purpose.

Brian
Looking to homebrew Supercharge my car, me and Corky Bell.
o2designs

I've wanted to install a front bar. But I can never find one for a good deal. I know sway bars help in a BIG way, but I have yet to really fell a difference on a car with a front strut bar.
focusjosh

im not running anything except what a stock SVT has...
grocerygetter

Well I guess with a unibody car anything that will help tie components together keeping them from moving beyond what would normally occur is a good thing. Unless your going to road or off road race with your vehicle you'll probably really never use it to its potential. Also with it on I doubt if you would ever "feel" anything since it is there to maintain the geometry between the driver and passenger side struts. One would need to run a high G twisty course with and without one to feel the difference in handling my guess is the car without would show some instability in characteristics.

For us it's kinda one of those "I think its cool, it dresses up the engine bay a bit" its cheap enough, I think I'll buy one decisions. Installation is a breeze, at least for my 06 itwill be different for your SVT.

B
Dreamtec
Car: 2005 CD Silver ZX3 SES

I'd totally get the rear bar. my rear flexes around a bit
05' CD silver ZX3 SES. Still pushing the stock limits..
grocerygetter

Dreamtec wrote:I'd totally get the rear bar. my rear flexes around a bit
Is what you are feeling the body flexing or is it the passive steering effect the control blade suspension gives the Focus?

B
o2designs

Well, from a performance stand point, I'd rather spend the money on upgraded sway bars.
Pitch Black

o2designs wrote:Well, from a performance stand point, I'd rather spend the money on upgraded sway bars.
i 2nd that. i have the focus sport strut tower bar. and it did nothing for performance, but it does look cool :D
Dreamtec

grocerygetter wrote:
Dreamtec wrote:I'd totally get the rear bar. my rear flexes around a bit
Is what you are feeling the body flexing or is it the passive steering effect the control blade suspension gives the Focus?

B
I actually think it's the passive steering effect of the control blade suspension around tight corners.
spots25

I kinda have trouble believing the rear bar does ANYTHING at all, given that the struts don't see any side to side forces, just up and down. The front bar might do something though
00' Kona
Dreamtec

bahhh..... :(
MAT

I had no idea what these did when I bought a used front bar from Jason Raska. When I first put it on I had to be careful not to over steer and put my car off the inside of corners. I was amazed at how well it helped with turn in. It definitely worked and would be a huge for auto-x. You will have to get used to much quicker steering though so be careful!
MAT
Roberts, WI
05 ZX3 SES Infra-red (It's hot!)

Mods: Crane Stg 1 cams, F2 Header, Marcy CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, FocusSport ECU tuning, SVT suspension, 17" FRPP rally wheels
(I'm just getting warmed up!)
grocerygetter

MAT wrote:I had no idea what these did when I bought a used front bar from Jason Raska. When I first put it on I had to be careful not to over steer and put my car off the inside of corners. I was amazed at how well it helped with turn in. It definitely worked and would be a huge for auto-x. You will have to get used to much quicker steering though so be careful!
You talking stress bar or sway bar?

B