Hot Import Nights - Minneapolis

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
mars

cant_focus wrote:do youg uys know if ill be able to buy tickets there
same ?? here, i wonder if i can pay at the door... or if i can buy tickets somewhere before hand....
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

mars wrote:
cant_focus wrote:do youg uys know if ill be able to buy tickets there
same ?? here, i wonder if i can pay at the door... or if i can buy tickets somewhere before hand....
Buy your tickets online and print them out. Saves you money and the risk of them selling out when you get there.
mars

man they better not be sold out!!!! i wonder wat's the price at the door compared to buying online... i think online was like $25 + $2.25.......... or something like that.... i might just buy online instead of waiting to buy tickets....
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
Pitch Black

i dont know if you all got this or not but here is the email i got from HIN
Dear HIN Competitor,

On behalf of Hot Import Nights, we would like to welcome you to HIN Minneapolis!

THE MOST ANTICIPATED EVENT IN MINNESOTA. NCCA FEATURED 4 POINTER EVENT!!!

The content below contains crucial information regarding your roll-in and set-up.

Check-In/Load-In will be begin at 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., on Friday, September 21, 2007. Look for signs that will direct you to 'Car Registration Check-In'. Once you receive your competitor package you will be directed to the show staging area. Your competitor package will include a competition sheet, two wristbands (Bikes receive 1 wristband), and regulations for the event. Your competition sheet must be clearly displayed on the driver-side window at all times during move-in and show hours. Your vehicle will be classified by an NCCA judge at the staging area, please have the form readily available. This will indicate your competition status so the judges will know to judge your car in its respective class.

If your club / team has not signed up yet, please make sure they sign up ASAP. We are expecting to run out of space fast. Mark your calendars!

THERE IS NO SATURDAY ROLL-IN!!! Competitors interested in setting up a Saturday Roll In MUST email thanh.phan@apg-media.com at least 1 week in advance to coordinate. $20 penalty fee will apply for late Roll In's.

Regulations
• Placement will be given on a first come first serve basis unless coordinated in advance. What this means is that you should arrive early. If a member of your crew arrives late, does not caravan with you, and is not in line with you at the time of roll-in, they may not be placed with you
• The vehicle must be clean and free of body damage. Project cars and prototypes must be in a completed state. Please familiarize yourself with the 'Minimum Requirements for Competition' form at http://www.hotimportnights.com . Show management reserves the right to turn away vehicles who do not meet the 'Minimum Requirements for Competition'
• NO support vehicles are allowed inside the venue, you must hand walk/carry your equipment into the venue.
• When you check-in you will be given two wristbands, one for yourself and a guest (Bikes will receive 1 wristband) Everyone MUST have a wristband on to enter show premises on Saturday.
• FUEL REGULATIONS FOR THIS EVENT is between 1/8 tank to empty. Vehicles will not be allowed inside the venue with more then 1/8 tank of fuel. NO exceptions!
• Vehicles will be REQUIRED to disconnect batteries once parked on the show floor. All vehicles MUST leave hoods open for final inspections by authorities.
• Roll-Out - Once all spectators have exited the building and show management has cleared the venue, roll-out can commence.

Hot Import Nights will be hosted at:

Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55403

Dates and Times:
Setup Day:
Friday, September 21, 2007 - 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
*** Registration/Check-in area will be held @ Convention Center Marshalling Yard

Exhibit Day:
- Saturday, September 22 - 3:00PM - Allowed to re-enter venue for final preparations.
- Saturday, September 22 - 4:00PM - Judging Starts
- Saturday, September 22 - 5:00PM - Midnight - Official show hours
- Saturday, September 22 - 10:00PM - Last call for all competing vehicles
- Saturday, September 22 - 11:00PM - Awards ceremony begins at main stage

For more information OR to purchase electricity go to http://www.hotimportnights.com/events/files.asp
lox222
Car: 2006 red ST with the SAP

we need to roll in in a group then. should not be to hard of there is only 6 of us.
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

Damn school... I have class friday, 2 exams and get out at 2:15. I should be home around 2:30. Do you guys want to meet somewhere around the convention center and roll in together like around 2:45 or 3:00? I know Nils is setting up a meeting place I'm guessing is gonna be further out, but we should meet again for the people that live closer to an area close to the downtown area to make sure we get in together. Like we can meet at Dunwoody or a lot around there... from there the convention center is like 5 or 10 mins away. What do you guys think?
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I'm not totally sure were its at. So I'm just following everyone else.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

Is anyone going to have an extra wristband? 8) I'd take one to cover part of your admission. I might even be able to sell another one too :lol:

It'd be nice to have my wristband ahead of time.

That sucks that they want you to have less than an 1/8 a tank of gas, I bet a lot of people are gonna be pissed when they get there with a full tank :lol:
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Pitch Black

Sucka612 wrote:we can meet at Dunwoody or a lot around there... from there the convention center is like 5 or 10 mins away. What do you guys think?
thats a great spot. we should do that.

but im hoping my car will be done. its a a shop getting the clutch in right now. i checked on it at 11 this morning and he was about to drop the transmission. he said it a push to get it done by 2 but i will have it at some point tomorrow to get it down there.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

oww, cutting it close huh?

Whats better about the wrist band? Its pretty much just admission to the event right?

My roommates are gonna come up, so I'm letting one of them use it...sorry.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

Pitch Black wrote:
Sucka612 wrote:we can meet at Dunwoody or a lot around there... from there the convention center is like 5 or 10 mins away. What do you guys think?
thats a great spot. we should do that.

but im hoping my car will be done. its a a shop getting the clutch in right now. i checked on it at 11 this morning and he was about to drop the transmission. he said it a push to get it done by 2 but i will have it at some point tomorrow to get it down there.
Cuz I know Nils was doing a meeting spot, but we live pretty close to the convention center. Plus if you guys do meet up and 2 and drive down to a 2nd meeting, like Dunwoody, I'd be back by then (from school).
Pitch Black

just went to the shop where they are doing my clutch. the car will be done by tonight. Woot Woot.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Bob wants to get there by 2. He's done HIN before in ChiTown and said it is crazy busy to get in.

I think kyle and I may head up there with him and get there at 2, and meet up with lox at the CC, since he said he'd be there at 2 also.

I don't think it would be a problem to save two spots though for David and Davis tho.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

Nothing better than just buying a regular admission other than that I'd be helping someone pay for their entry fee :D and maybe save a few dollars in the process :lol:
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Pitch Black

im 99.9999% sure that i will be able to meet up with you guys before 2. give me a call so i can meet up with you guys