New Oil Pressure gauge

Show off your pictures!!!
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

I was tired of the mechanical Ford Racing one I had because I could never get that stupid plastic hose to stop leaking. I'd fix one section where it was kinked and it seemed like it would start somewhere else :lol: Anywho I ordered an Autometer Phantom short sweep electric one to replace it from Jegs. I didn't realize the sending units were so big, in order to get to the plug in the block I had to take off my serpentine belt, remove my AC compressor, unplug my oil pressure switch for the dummy light, and spin off my oil filter. Its pretty hard to get at so I ran a short hard brake line off the block with an adaptor to relocate the sending unit. So far no leaks. Here's a cell phone pic to give you an idea what it looks like. Pretty dang close to the other two Ford Racing gauges (since they're made by Autometer anyhow)
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i dont like mech gauges, im not to fond of having the fluid im monitoring in the cab. i like the elec/digital, and yes any sort of work on your car being a v6 contour sucks a bag. :(
Image wink wink.....bitches
Redlineracer12
I is speshul

focinite wrote:i dont like mech gauges, im not to fond of having the fluid im monitoring in the cab. i like the elec/digital,

I'm with you on the fluid gauges.
focinite wrote: and yes any sort of work on your car being a v6 contour sucks a bag. :(
Your not the first person to tell me that either ;)
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Nothing beats a live oil pressure gauge, the plastic line sucks big time.

It's well worth the time and effort to run copper, it never leaks or breaks if it's run properly.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Nothing beats a live oil pressure gauge, the plastic line sucks big time.

It's well worth the time and effort to run copper, it never leaks or breaks if it's run properly.
I've had zero problems with my mechanical guage. I like how accurate and free moving it is, the elec ones seem to be slightly slower to change.

Those lines are lame, I just had to route mine along with other crap so it wouldn't get snagged up or anything.

Looks good Tony
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Redlineracer12
I is speshul

Pappy wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Nothing beats a live oil pressure gauge, the plastic line sucks big time.

I've had zero problems with my mechanical guage. I like how accurate and free moving it is, the elec ones seem to be slightly slower to change.

Those lines are lame, I just had to route mine along with other crap so it wouldn't get snagged up or anything.

Looks good Tony

Mine moves around pretty freely, I'm satisfied with it how it is even though I know the mechanical is always more accurate. How much oil pressure do you have when you start your car nils? My stinkin v6 has a very energetic oil pump, on cold start I bury the needle on any oil pressure gauge I've ever had hooked up anywhere (~110psi at 1500 rpms) When warm I can idle at 35 psi but as soon as I get the rpms up to about 3 or 4k my gauge is already hitting 85-90psi. Wayyy too high for plastic tubing :lol:

Steve, by copper do you mean like hard line?
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Mine is about the same as yours tony. My reading is a bit lower on startup, but still up there 90ish.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Redlineracer12
I is speshul

Pappy wrote:Mine is about the same as yours tony. My reading is a bit lower on startup, but still up there 90ish.

Ok maybe my car isn't a freak :lol: thats still crazy high though.
focinite

focinite wrote: and yes any sort of work on your car being a v6 contour sucks a bag. :(
Your not the first person to tell me that either ;)[/quote]but i know yer pain. :lol: just wait till one of the 900 coolant hoses burst on ya. or the water pump shaft breakes off the impeller. or the power steering pump, or the assist sensor on the rack. :lol:
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Redlineracer12 wrote:
Pappy wrote:

Looks good Tony

Mine moves around pretty freely, I'm satisfied with it how it is even though I know the mechanical is always more accurate. How much oil pressure do you have when you start your car nils? My stinkin v6 has a very energetic oil pump, on cold start I bury the needle on any oil pressure gauge I've ever had hooked up anywhere (~110psi at 1500 rpms) When warm I can idle at 35 psi but as soon as I get the rpms up to about 3 or 4k my gauge is already hitting 85-90psi. Wayyy too high for plastic tubing :lol:

Steve, by copper do you mean like hard line?
Plastic will handle 100psi easy, the problem is the connections. They can work their way out and pop off.

I do mean regular copper tubing, they make it specifically for those gauges.

I had plastic in my old Skylark until the hose popped off right after blowing the doors off a Vette, How embarrasing was that (for both of us probably).

The copper is really easy to work with and NEVER works loose.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite

steve im sending a fella with a red svt contour your way, he is gonna need 2 rear controll arms the thin flimsy ones, they are bent, he said he knows you, but i sent him up to you any way. i saw his guages and he is runnin electric, he said he dont want the hassle of the fluids in the cab also. im sooooo glad i didnt go with the v6 swap. 8)
Redlineracer12
I is speshul

Don't blame it on the v6 that we have crappy control arms :)

But seriously they are flimsy, both front and rear control arms on my car are weak! I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy with the electric gauge on there, it seems just as responsive as my old mechanical was 8)
focinite

Redlineracer12 wrote:Don't blame it on the v6 that we have crappy control arms :)
i drove it and it felt to tug boatish, i was gonna do the 2.5 swap and all that ive played with just dont have that snap a pissed off 4 banger has.
But seriously they are flimsy, both front and rear control arms on my car are weak! I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy with the electric gauge on there, it seems just as responsive as my old mechanical was 8)
he did a rack and had it tilted back with the e brake on, let it down and the arms twisted.
focinite

wow that did not go the way i was hoppin/\
:?
Redlineracer12
I is speshul

Was that guy's name Mike? If so I know him, t-red painted on the headlights as eyelids, painted oval grill, #49 decal on the front bumper? I heard he was busy replacing his rack.