Power lock problem

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

Last night I parked my ZX3 and locked the doors my using the lock lever on the driver's door (not the power lock button) like I always do. Today I went out and the central locking wasn't working at all. The central locking fuse was blown, so I replaced it, but now the driver's door power lock isn't working. I assume the solenoid on that lock is the culprit.

My question is thus: can a sticky solenoid blow the fuse, or does that indicate it needs to be replaced and not just cleaned. In my other car (an '87 Merkur XR4Ti) it's possible for a sticky solenoid to blow the fuse for the central locking circuit, but I haven't heard of that happening in other vehicles. I really don't want to have to pull the fuse box again to replace that one. The shop manual isn't a whole lot of help on this one for some reason.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

take a volt meter and measure ristance at the lock selinoid. my guess is that the resistance is to great and its popping the fuse, most likely youll have to replace the mechenisim. it comes as one big unit....the latch,and lock....have funn you will loose blood. :(
Image wink wink.....bitches
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

If there was too much resistance it wouldn't draw enough current to pop the fuse.

It actually started working again spontaneously, so I'm guessing when I got my car wash the mechanism got wet and started sticking. Today the car was parked in such a way that the door was warm enough to free it up. It happened just before I took out my tools to open up the door.