SVT Steering Wheel colors?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
MAT

Do they come with red inserts (or whatever you'd call it) and would they fit a 05 with cruise control? Anybody got a pic? Need to know otherwise I might buy an ST wheel to go with my shift knob. Thanks.
MAT
Roberts, WI
05 ZX3 SES Infra-red (It's hot!)

Mods: Crane Stg 1 cams, F2 Header, Marcy CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, FocusSport ECU tuning, SVT suspension, 17" FRPP rally wheels
(I'm just getting warmed up!)
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

SVT wheels never came in colors. They were black leather, and half of it was wrapped in perforated leather.

If you want red, the ST wheel is the only one. Its black leather with red stitching. Oreo on focaljet has one for sale right now for around 70$ or something. And yes, it will work with cruise..
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

There was at one time a two toned grey wheel out there. It may have been an accessory item. Not sure if it was SVT only. I remember seeing pictures of it...and thinking about picking one up. But that was a while ago....
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
MAT

That's what I thought, so why would anyone want an SVT wheel over an ST?

Does anyone want my all black leather wheel?
MAT
Roberts, WI

Mods: Crane Stg 1 cams, F2 Header, Marcy CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, FocusSport ECU tuning, SVT suspension, 17" FRPP rally wheels
MAT

One more Q, how difficult is it to replace the steering wheel w/o blowing up the airbag in your face?
MAT
Roberts, WI

Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

MAT wrote: One more Q, how difficult is it to replace the steering wheel w/o blowing up the airbag in your face?

Not hard. You have to unclip a plug. oh noes.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

How much would you want for the wheel?
o2designs

Yeah, all it takes is 2 screws. Pull off the airbag. Undo the plugin. Then there is a giant nut underneath. Its about a 5min switch.

How much for your leather wheel?
STANG302

I may be interested in selling my ST steering wheel. To upgrade to an RS wheel. I know the RS wheel needs a little modification to fit on a cruise control steering wheel but I love the blue. I assume you already have the ST shift nob?
o2designs

STANG302 wrote: I may be interested in selling my ST steering wheel. To upgrade to an RS wheel. I know the RS wheel needs a little modification to fit on a cruise control steering wheel but I love the blue. I assume you already have the ST shift nob?

Yes, I have an ST knob, but not currently using it since I cut my shifter down. It'll prob be for Chromie...
STANG302

That question was for matt to see if he already had an ST nob. And to see if he'd by my steering wheel, you by his stocker and I'll go and by an RS wheel.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Pappy wrote:
MAT wrote:One more Q, how difficult is it to replace the steering wheel w/o blowing up the airbag in your face?

if you are really sceered dis connect the positive batt cable and wait 20 to 30 min for the restraint system to fully dis charge. then take a 1/4 drive 8mm long socket and remove the two 8mm bolts, pull horn/airbag away and disconnect the yeller conn. unclench butt hole( or if bag gose off pick you teeth off the floor :lol: ), disconnenect remaing conns. use approp. socket to loosen main bolt ,remove bolt and then thread back in about 3 turns, grab wheel at 9 and 3 o cklock and shake vigerusly and the wheel should wiggle off( the bolt is there so you dont smoke yer mouf with the wheel. reverse to install. :wink:
Image wink wink.....bitches
MAT

Yeah I have the ST knob and leather boots with red stitching so the ST wheel would look great. All I need to figure out is what Steve wants for a new one and if the price is right I'll buy yours. As for what I want for mine I'll be open to any offers. The guy on FJ wants $70 for his ST wheel.
MAT
Roberts, WI

SVT-swap

focinite wrote:
Pappy wrote:
MAT wrote:One more Q, how difficult is it to replace the steering wheel w/o blowing up the airbag in your face?

if you are really sceered dis connect the positive batt cable and wait 20 to 30 min for the restraint system to fully dis charge. then take a 1/4 drive 8mm long socket and remove the two 8mm bolts, pull horn/airbag away and disconnect the yeller conn. unclench butt hole( or if bag gose off pick you teeth off the floor :lol: ), disconnenect remaing conns. use approp. socket to loosen main bolt ,remove bolt and then thread back in about 3 turns, grab wheel at 9 and 3 o cklock and shake vigerusly and the wheel should wiggle off( the bolt is there so you dont smoke yer mouf with the wheel. reverse to install. :wink:

All like he said, just be carefull how you carry the airbag and where you put it while you work.