ZX3 seatback handles

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

I picked up some rear seat access handles for my wife's ZX3 to replace the missing ones. One was gone when we got the car 3 years ago and one broke off a few months ago. What I didn't know was that it wasn't the plastic that broke but rather the metal post to which it attaches. I've seen some reference to the post being part of the hinge assembly and that being available separately. Is this something that's hard to do? I'd like to avoid buying replacement seats if I don't have to, but I also don't want to spend a whole week fixing the seats.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

it isn't very hard to do, I did it to my passenger seat a few months ago

the biggest problem is finding the replacement part for cheap I think. Maybe try a junkyard, or else Steve probably has them for a bit more than what most people would want to pay
zurno
Got any WoW pron?

oh ya, SVT-Swap or whatever his screenname is (my friend Ed) should have an extra drivers side part available, althouh if he would sell it I would ask of the broken part in return (to put the seat back together to make some chairs or somehting)
SVT-swap

zurno wrote: oh ya, SVT-Swap or whatever his screenname is (my friend Ed) should have an extra drivers side part available, althouh if he would sell it I would ask of the broken part in return (to put the seat back together to make some chairs or somehting)

lol, dude has known me since the third grade and he still doesnt know my name. And yeah I can take the thing off right now if you want
Last edited by SVT-swap on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?

SVT-swap wrote:
zurno wrote:oh ya, SVT-Swap or whatever his screenname is (my friend Ed) should have an extra drivers side part available, althouh if he would sell it I would ask of the broken part in return (to put the seat back together to make some chairs or somehting)

lol, dude has know me since the third grade and he still doesnt know my name. And yeah I can take the thing off right now if you want

I meant your screen name
SVT-swap

zurno wrote:
SVT-swap wrote:
zurno wrote:oh ya, SVT-Swap or whatever his screenname is (my friend Ed) should have an extra drivers side part available, althouh if he would sell it I would ask of the broken part in return (to put the seat back together to make some chairs or somehting)

lol, dude has know me since the third grade and he still doesnt know my name. And yeah I can take the thing off right now if you want

I meant your screen name

Yes, I know.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

SVT-swap wrote:
zurno wrote:
SVT-swap wrote:

I meant your screen name

Yes, I know.

liar.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Y2k
At Least It's Boosted..

werd
TQ is addictive
SVT-swap

Hey, as long as nobody gets thrown into a chair I think we will be ok.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

harold wrote: I picked up some rear seat access handles for my wife's ZX3 to replace the missing ones. One was gone when we got the car 3 years ago and one broke off a few months ago. What I didn't know was that it wasn't the plastic that broke but rather the metal post to which it attaches. I've seen some reference to the post being part of the hinge assembly and that being available separately. Is this something that's hard to do? I'd like to avoid buying replacement seats if I don't have to, but I also don't want to spend a whole week fixing the seats.

Hey, I think I mentioned that when you were here.

If you need them the drivers side hinge is $94.94 and the passenger side is $56.83.

They are unique to the ZX3 as you know but should interchange most years but not the SVT hinge.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
zurno
Got any WoW pron?

good, our spare is the expensive one
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

Holy crap! Yeah, you mentioned that happened to yours while we were talking. I thought I'd looked at the driver's side one when we got the car 3 years ago, but maybe I didn't.

Ed, if I could get the hinge you've got and order the passenger seat hinge from Steve, I think I'll be good to go. Anybody have pictures of the procedure or a write-up? I'll need to make fairly quick work of the fix so I don't leave us with just one car.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?

I think I took pics when I did it, but I cannot find them right now (possibly on my other hard drive)

basically I:

removed the seat

took off the plastic covers form both sides of the seats

removed any bolts visible then

pulled the rear seat cover half way up

remove a couple more bolts

then do it all in reverse and its all good again
zurno
Got any WoW pron?

oh ya, maybe ed could take a pic of the passenger seat that is still in 2 pieces