Old Weekly Meet Talk

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

seriously, don't post a date as the meet location until it's discussed. I know I haven't been around much lately, but as far as I'm concerned, only Rod, myself, and Nils can officially pick a date. We don't need you breaking out your jump to conclusions mat when you think you need to get the ball rolling.
Eleanor Focus wrote: Weekly Meet Every Thursday Night. 6pm-Whenever (usually around 9pm).

1st and 3rd Thursday of every month

Buffalo Wild Wings Northtown Mall, Fridley

2nd and 4th Thursday of every month

Ruby Tuesday on Concord Blvd off of South 52, Inver Grove Heights

5th Thursday of the month(for the few there are)

Fuddruckers Hwy 100 and Hwy 394, St Louis Park
reconstruction.
Eleanor Focus

He Speaks, Sorry but I never heard that rule or saw it posted anywhere, My sincere apologies. Nils, please find us a meet location that best suits us, thanks Jason
trahma
has a blownup bomb

Eleanor Focus wrote: He Speaks, Sorry but I never heard that rule or saw it posted anywhere, My sincere apologies. Nils, please find us a meet location that best suits us, thanks Jason

It's one thing to try to post up a one time get together but for a weekly thing, it should be discussed by the group. It just looks like you posted up new locations without getting any information from people and that may be an oversight by me if you've done it elsewhere. Feel free to ask any of the members that have been here longer, I've always tried to accomodate what's best for the group. Like I said, it's no big deal, but for recurring events, final say should be left to the people that are mods here.
reconstruction.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Pappy wrote: Well attendance will drop from this side of the cities, guaranteed.

I know Rob, his girlfriend, all their friends probably wont even show up anymore. Also I probably wont be out much. I guess I just don't understand why all of a sudden a proven area is null and void.

Just my $0.02 but seems like the meet locations best suites all you folks ( eastern snobs ;) )and no one in the West/North West or even the South/South West folks at all. Why do you think I don't come to any of the meets the way they are now? Because by the time I get off of work (usually 5pm) I don't want to have to deal with 494/694/94 in that neck of the woods at that time of the night.

I've talked about this before about maybe moving it to a more central location (IE Roseville) which would only add about 10 minutes to you eastern folks but that seemed like too much to ask for.

Keep it as it is, thats fine by me just don't look for me to show up any time soon.

- Josh
Eleanor Focus

trahma wrote:
Eleanor Focus wrote:He Speaks, Sorry but I never heard that rule or saw it posted anywhere, My sincere apologies. Nils, please find us a meet location that best suits us, thanks Jason

It's one thing to try to post up a one time get together but for a weekly thing, it should be discussed by the group. It just looks like you posted up new locations without getting any information from people and that may be an oversight by me if you've done it elsewhere. Feel free to ask any of the members that have been here longer, I've always tried to accomodate what's best for the group. Like I said, it's no big deal, but for recurring events, final say should be left to the people that are mods here.

I did discuss it with a few people who go to the meets but I guess I did not talk to the right people and I jumped the gun, I do apoligize :oops:

"I just wanted to spread the love and some people agreed"
trahma
has a blownup bomb

umdivx wrote: Just my $0.02 but seems like the meet locations best suites all you folks ( eastern snobs ;) )and no one in the West/North West or even the South/South West folks at all. Why do you think I don't come to any of the meets the way they are now? Because by the time I get off of work (usually 5pm) I don't want to have to deal with 494/694/94 in that neck of the woods at that time of the night.

I've talked about this before about maybe moving it to a more central location (IE Roseville) which would only add about 10 minutes to you eastern folks but that seemed like too much to ask for.

Keep it as it is, thats fine by me just don't look for me to show up any time soon.

- Josh

Roseville is a central location?
reconstruction.
umdivx

trahma wrote: Roseville is a central location?

for a lot of people yes. The only reason I brought up Roseville Last time was the fact that its still close enough for the norther folks, still some what east enough for the eastern snobs, and still easy enough to get to with a lot lets traffic than the 494/694/94 traffic ass fucking.

- Josh
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

the reason to not goto Roseville full time is that Kyle comes to about 50% of the meets

The Northtown location was used on the week that none of the East snobs were showing up, so the Forest Lake and Rockford peeps met up there last minute. I myself thought it would be a decent alternating location since it would be closer to Josh and Rob. Also, Jason has come to almost every single weekly meet and drives a hell of a long way each week. I see it as being a bit selfish by anyone that feels as if the meet cannot be held up at Northtown every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. It isn't like it is all that far of a dreve for most of the current attendants, and it is a lot closer for a few of the people that have come to the meets already.

Also, it has been really hard to suggest a location Further South and West since attendance from down there seems to be a bit low.

Either way, if we cannot alternate locations, then maybe we should just find something that appears to be central to the most people (aka, fuck kyle, he can drive another 20 minutes whenevr he comes up) to make all of the haters happier.
umdivx

zurno wrote: the reason to not goto Roseville full time is that Kyle comes to about 50% of the meets

I know that Kyle comes to the meets, and why i put Roseville as a good candidate. If you knew anything the main road he takes from R-town ends right at 35E and you can easily take 35E to 36 right into Roseville.

The East folks can take 36 into Roseville, going West from Stillwater is a hell of alot easier than going east from my neck of the woods.

and folks like myself can make an easy trek into Roseville from 35W, getting to areas between 35E and 35W are much easier IMHO than the cluster fuck of traffic on the east side at that time of night.

The Northtown location was used on the week that none of the East snobs were showing up, so the Forest Lake and Rockford peeps met up there last minute. I myself thought it would be a decent alternating location since it would be closer to Josh and Rob. Also, Jason has come to almost every single weekly meet and drives a hell of a long way each week. I see it as being a bit selfish by anyone that feels as if the meet cannot be held up at Northtown every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. It isn't like it is all that far of a dreve for most of the current attendants, and it is a lot closer for a few of the people that have come to the meets already.

I'd love a northtown meet, I'd show up every one if we did that, but Roseville is a good alternative as well, plenty of places to meet up at and plenty of ways to get into town, 36, 35E, 35W, Snelling, ect....

But also remember that the "snobs" won't drive any farther north than 694, anything north of the "mason dixon line" and its too far of a drive for them ;) aka BFE.
Also, it has been really hard to suggest a location Further South and West since attendance from down there seems to be a bit low.

Again why I had suggested Roseville before, it would ONLY add about 10 more minutes to the commute for the eastern folks, and make the commute for the western folks a lot less of a traffic nightmare. But hey what do I know I've just been driving all over the cities (use to do construction) and know when and where all the bad traffic locations are, them high schoolers over there on the east side are shielded by all that.

Either way, if we cannot alternate locations, then maybe we should just find something that appears to be central to the most people (aka, fuck kyle, he can drive another 20 minutes whenevr he comes up) to make all of the haters happier.

Again if you look, it'd probably be faster for Kyle and his old man to drive to Roseville than it would be to Oakdale, but again my idea before was shot down so like I said before take what I say with a grain of salt and leave it at that, just don't piss down my throat when I don't show up to any meets as its severely interferes with my family life.

- Josh
Eleanor Focus

lets all just take a deep breath and relax, this has gotten way out of hand, can't we all just get along.

Zurno or Pappy, please make a weekly meet suggestion area :wink:
umdivx

Eleanor Focus wrote: lets all just take a deep breath and relax, this has gotten way out of hand, can't we all just get along.

Not when you keep posting stupid pictures like that and wasting my bandwidth.

- Josh
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

Again if you look, it'd probably be faster for Kyle and his old man to drive to Roseville than it would be to Oakdale, but again my idea before was shot down so like I said before take what I say with a grain of salt and leave it at that, just don't piss down my throat when I don't show up to any meets as its severely interferes with my family life.

- Josh[/quote]

the new suggestion was actually in inver grove heights I think, which worked out good, the drive wasn't bad, and it cut a bunch of time off of Kyle's trip

also, Kyle originally told us that the Oakdale location seemed to take less time to get to (or be easier or something) than the Monthly meet locations used in the past such as Billabong
umdivx

zurno wrote: the new suggestion was actually in inver grove heights I think, which worked out good, the drive wasn't bad, and it cut a bunch of time off of Kyle's trip

also, Kyle originally told us that the Oakdale location seemed to take less time to get to (or be easier or something) than the Monthly meet locations used in the past such as Billabong

Inver Grove Heights WTF????!!!!?????!!!!! What the hell is up with St. Paul ONLY locations??? eh fuck it I honestly could care less any more. You all bitch that I never show up to a meet, thats fine by me, I have my vote its not much farther away than the current Oakdale location but no one cares to see how rational it is, thats fine, if you'd rather move the meet to accommodate Kyle thats fine, I was just giving a location that would accommodate more than ONE person.

- Josh
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

This week will be an off week.

Next week the meet will be at the IGH Ruby Tuesdays again (Kyle wanna post a map again). Anyone who wants to discuss meet locations/times/dates/ etc. this will be the time to do so. Bring your ideas.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________