Getting a SVT

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Eleanor Focus

I have made up my mind and I am getting an SVT, but not a focus :twisted:

I am going to get the new Ford Adrenaline (4dr with gusto)

390hp Cobra Supercharged Sportrac SVT

http://www.svt.ford.com/vehicleSportTrac.asp

Last edited by Eleanor Focus on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

I thought that they weren't going to make that thing
viciousvermin
Car: 2002 Infra Red SVT

I wish they would update their site. That thing was shit-canned along time ago along with the rest of the SVT dept., which is too bad, I would've bought one.
2002 SVT Focus /for sale, 36000 miles, never driven in winter, and always stored.
sc0tty8

You and everyone else wants one.

Don't hold your breath on owning one, besides, you got that "ultra rare" auto turbo turd mobile you need to build.
Eleanor Focus

I bought one tonight 8) Its white with chromies

spots25

?? I think it came back to life!!!
00' Kona
sc0tty8

Image[/url]
MINISVT

JUST AN FYI...

this is back TO BEING GREEN LIGHT.. NOTICE ITS BADGED AS AN 08.....

supposedly ford decided it need something more fun...

CC
I own a pinto!!!!
viciousvermin
Car: 2002 Infra Red SVT

Here's some info:

SVT's longtime executive staff is gone, and, oddly enough, so are the Ford executives who developed and executed SVT's demise.

Yes, the 2007 Mustang in Shelby Cobra trim is still coming, and yes, it was developed by SVT. And yes, it'll have SVT badges, because it's too late to take them off. But it is the last genuine SVT product.

By "genuine," I mean it was developed by SVT, from concept to execution, then sold through the network of 600 dedicated Ford SVT dealers, who paid to be part of SVT, sent employees to SVT training and stocked SVT parts. Any future Ford products that carry an SVT badge, and it is unlikely any will, will be more of a "suspension tuned by SVT"-type vehicle. And the 7,500 Shelby Cobra Mustangs sold for 2007 — more, if they can get enough transmissions — will be offered to all 3,900 Ford dealers, not just SVT participants.

SVT has had no dedicated products since 2004. A high-performance version of the new Sport Trac, called the Adrenalin, was shown at the New York auto show in March 2005. At a preview for journalists, SVT Director Hau Thai-Tang said that the Adrenalin "is going to turn the performance vehicle market upside down" when it goes on sale as a 2007 model. Then, last month, the Adrenalin was canceled as part of Ford's "Way Forward" restructuring campaign. "As part of our way forward, we are adjusting our product plan and decided not to produce the Sport Trac Adrenalin," said Ford spokesman Jon Harmon. The Ford GT supercar, which was developed largely by SVT engineers but was not called an SVT model, will end production later this year.

If you check the official SVT Web site, there remains a glowing story about the Adrenalin, and when it's coming to market. "I guess we're a little behind on that Web site," said one Ford executive. Yes, I guess.
2002 SVT Focus /for sale, 36000 miles, never driven in winter, and always stored.
Eleanor Focus

Eleanor Focus wrote: I bought one tonight 8) Its white with chromies

I was sad to find out about the SVT team :evil: , I did buy an adrenaline, but it is the remote control concept one, its too bad I really wanted a 390hp 4dr truck.

Now its off to looking for the right ride. Everyone gave me too much shit about pimping an auto so I am on the prowl, let me know whats out there with high HP and 4 Doors.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Is a V8 Edge going to be made still? I read 330bhp on that bad boy. I'd buy one of them if it weren't for the fact we just bought an Envoy Denali.
Slower than your stock focus.
STANG302

How about a mazda speed 6. AWD, duratec and spacious four door. Oddly I wish they made a wagon version I'd jump on it in a heart beat.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

STANG302 wrote: How about a mazda speed 6. AWD, duratec and spacious four door. Oddly I wish they made a wagon version I'd jump on it in a heart beat.

Drive a CX-7 or the Edge (same except for engines) and then say you'd rather have a MS6, i was blown away at how the CX-7 handled.
Slower than your stock focus.
STANG302

I'll take your word on it till I drive one. But in my case I have no use for a small sporty SUV/Crossover. If I would get an suv/pickup it would one 3/4 ton min and two a diesel.

I believe they updated the MS6 to MS3 engine specs.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

try dodge(as much as i hate them) the magnum is not to horrible and the srt version of the nitro dont look to bad. or there is subaru,or a svt contuor, a crown vic wiff da pursuit pack aint a bad rig at all.
Image wink wink.....bitches