cheap mod

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Flea
Car: 2002 explorer limited

well i finally broke down and chopped about 2 inches off of my stick, i know its not a true STS, but man, i was sick of feeling like i was shifting a truck;) now of course i plan to invest in an actual short throw down the line, anyone have any ideas on which is the best brand?
07 stang 4.0, T5, Pony Package.
andr182

Steeda TriAX/F is the way to go. I love mine so much, shifting feels so smooth and very short.

I also heard that Ford Racing STS is a very decent one too, not very different from the steeda one.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I am running the Focus Central STS and haven't had any problems with it. I really like it too.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

Looks like we have a ton across the board... I'm using a B&M STS and I'm very pleased with it. If I were to do it again, I'd buy a Focus Central STS only because I've heard of the B&M having breakage issues through hard shifting. I don't shift very hard though so I'm not too worried.
03' ZX3

andr182 wrote: Steeda TriAX/F is the way to go. I love mine so much, shifting feels so smooth and very short.

I also heard that Ford Racing STS is a very decent one too, not very different from the steeda one.

Just ordered, should have it mid next week. :D
iamgod
has seen the light

i have the FC Race shifter...very nice very short...