Anyone for a University G2G

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
Focal_Nutz

Probably going to drive down to Uni tonight, possibly tomorrow night, just curious to see if anyone is going to be there?!?
FOCI

I might be going to the shepard road street races tonight you hsould head out htere or else we'll be on plato. I'm not sure if they'rte happeniong or not but check it out good times.
PBZX3

FOCI wrote: I might be going to the shepard road street races tonight you hsould head out htere or else we'll be on plato. I'm not sure if they'rte happeniong or not but check it out good times.

Not trying to start any arguments but no one should be condoning street racing. As a spectator or a participant, it’s not a good thing. Eventually the insurance companies are going to raise rates astronomically or offer no insurance at all for modified cars. It’s already happening in Canada. If your car has any after market performance modifications, you can not get insurance. If you don’t tell the insurance company about mods to your car and you get in an accident your coverage will be voided. Any repairs or injury expenses will come out of your pocket. This is all in response to the street racing that has become prevalent since the F and F movies.

It’s just a matter of time before the insurance companies start cracking down on this type of behavior here in the US. I modify my car as a hobby. I like to take it to the track for the thrill that racing provides. If street racing becomes a big enough problem, modifying cars could potentially become illegal or too cost prohibitive because of insurance rates.

Please, DO NOT SUPPORT STREET RACING. Take it to the track.
FOCI

I see your point. I don't race but I guess being there I might as well be. Were are there tracks in minnesota or aren't there any? We did drive by the street races last nite and I haven't seen that many cops in one place ever!
PBZX3

No 1/4 mi drag tracks that hold open events in MN. I'm not a drag racer but I believe there is a 1/8 mi track west of the Twin cities. I'm thinking Litchfield or Little Falls maybe. The closests 1/4 mi track is in Rock Falls, WI. near Eau Clair. There is one down in Iowa south of DesMoine but thats over 3.5 hr. drive. Most of the locals go to Rock Falls. www.rockfallsraceway.com

For tracks with turns go to www.aarrf.com Currently just a forum site but will be updated shortly with sign up info.
iamgod
has seen the light

as a neither supporter or finger wagger i would like to reaffirm the fact that street racing as an underground culture has been in existance since cars became common...as has been with motorcycles and such the recent incitement of an "epidemic" of street racing is due in part because of mass media coverage and all the bleeding heart cause heads. as the hype from those movies wears down and the popularity steadily decreases it will revert back to its previously held position. the hype of the movie only brought out the idiots where as the heart of the street race scene has been held with a level of respect and street cred. since its inception. the loud booming voice sayin insurance will increase and laws will be brought to bear is no more worriable then your mutha sayin no dessert if you don't finish your dinner. they break it up and thats fine but this will never go away...be safe and don't feed the idiots!
WannaBFast

a few of the probe guys are going to rock falls on sunday, so theres gonna be a caravan....
Focal_Nutz

iamgod wrote: as a neither supporter or finger wagger i would like to reaffirm the fact that street racing as an underground culture has been in existance since cars became common...as has been with motorcycles and such the recent incitement of an "epidemic" of street racing is due in part because of mass media coverage and all the bleeding heart cause heads. as the hype from those movies wears down and the popularity steadily decreases it will revert back to its previously held position. the hype of the movie only brought out the idiots where as the heart of the street race scene has been held with a level of respect and street cred. since its inception. the loud booming voice sayin insurance will increase and laws will be brought to bear is no more worriable then your mutha sayin no dessert if you don't finish your dinner. they break it up and thats fine but this will never go away...be safe and don't feed the idiots!

Wow...IAMGOD......Good post.....I don't race, for one thing I would get smoked like a fresh blunt on a warm summer evening....Although I do agree with ya on alot of what you said. I do believe the "movies" have made a big effect on the whole scene, I also see alot more specials that have to do with street racing, and although they are interesting, it just gives the the world more to talk about...

Oh well now I am just talking BS....Back to work.
FOCI

mnfoc should represent in rock falls.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

im going to Rock falls sunday.

Not sure if im going to race.

Im watching my friend, in his EVO, and my Cousin in his svtf.

Who else wants to go?
07 ST S.A.P.
Dead10

what time frame? cost to run? cost to watch? drivetime?

Dead10
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Dead10 wrote: what time frame? cost to run? cost to watch? drivetime?

Dead10

Early am. 6:30-7
$35 to run
$10 to watch
1 1/2-to 1hr 45mins drive time.

You want to go?
iamgod
has seen the light

crap i won't get the audi till monday :x
Flea
Car: 2002 explorer limited

i'm going down there with wannab and the probe club