Choices, Help me decide?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
PBZX3

The cargo area can be tinted a dark as you want. The passenger area including the front and rear door windows can not be more than 50%.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
ScottyK
Can't remember what he drove to work today
Car: 2005 Liquid Grey Focus ST

Thanks Paul...

So, thoughts on my vw? Should I go 5% on the cargo area or 20%??

Is it worth going 50% on the passenger windows? Will there be any difference? Will I be able to telll there is tint on the windows?
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

ScottyK wrote:Thanks Paul...

So, thoughts on my vw? Should I go 5% on the cargo area or 20%??

Is it worth going 50% on the passenger windows? Will there be any difference? Will I be able to telll there is tint on the windows?
50 percent seems pretty pointless to me, just my opinion, u will see a dif but idk if its worth the cost
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

My friend just had his M tinted 50% and I liked it. Its a subtle enough change that it helps with clare and sight.

Really, you have to ask yourself, why are you tinting it? Unless you really have a eye sight issue with sun and etc, no reason to tint. If you do the back windows dark, your gonna be constantly hasstled about dark windwos. I was with my wagon. I'm suprised I have not yet with my Jetta. So just warning, if you want that dark window look, be prepared to be stopped alot and possibly pay alot for tickets(cost more then speeding tickets, and goes against your insurance rates)

And as for VW sites, there are acouple different ones. Obviously the biggest one is VWvortex,but I never go there. Most the sites I frequent are'nt VW specific sites.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

PBZX3 wrote:The cargo area can be tinted a dark as you want. The passenger area including the front and rear door windows can not be more than 50%.
I've read that only applies to trucks and SUVs, cars are 50% for all windows.
Dean

frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

Eurowerks.org is a great group of guys. I've been a member over there for a few years now. Very helpful.
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
ScottyK

Yeah, I like euroworks, need to get a white letter sticker from there. Still waiting to hear back for registering to the site.

Asked a bunch of cop friends today about tint for my car. They said if its not a suv or minivan, it has to be no more than 50% all the way around. So, that's what I am gonna get. Prob next week sometime.

Toke pics today but need to upload them still. Thanks for all the comments, all of you.

Kyle, I like the looks and the tint helps my eyes... I have "floaters" in my vision, and sunlight often makes it worse, especially when driving. I'll check out vwvortex...never heard of that one...

Alright gotta go to bed.
o2designs

Ya, like I said, anything darker then 50% your going to be bothered with. Even with it being a wagon. Been there done and done it.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

I believe the stuff is illegal anyways, but you might look into the metallic type, not super mirroed metallic, but the stuff that looks kinda gray instead of black

I think my car has like 35% on it and it doesn't look super dark on the outside of the car

actually, if this site is correct, slightly reflective is ok http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/MN/
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

I think this would be easier to clear up and figure out if pappy just chimed in. He of all people should know the laws on tinting.
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
ScottyK

Pappy prob thinks it is pointless to give me tint advise on a car I am just going to trade off soon anyways. Pretty sure we're keeping this one for a while. Loving every minute of driving it, plus already has lots of little tasteful mods. Plan on keeping it at least 2 years.

Gonna tint either way... 50% legal black all the way around or... I'll ask about the metallic tint too. If that is truly legal, and would be better, I'll go with that. Prob tint sometime this week.

Looking into some summer wheels and tires for next summer too... maybe black or gunmetal with a chrome lip? Will use the ones on there now as a winter set. Thinking of resurfacing and painting them...prob close to the same color.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I take it you didn't know you can actually talk to your doctor and get a medical exclusion on the tint.

It's not a rumour, if you have vision trouble with bright sunlight you can basically get a prescription for dark tint.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
ScottyK

Yeah, I tried that. He said i can wear sunglasses. :|
ScottyK

some pics of the new VW...

Some I took yesterday. Kinda dirty, but whatev.

First full day I had it home...
o2designs

ScottyK wrote:Pappy prob thinks it is pointless to give me tint advise on a car I am just going to trade off soon anyways. Pretty sure we're keeping this one for a while. Loving every minute of driving it, plus already has lots of little tasteful mods. Plan on keeping it at least 2 years.

Gonna tint either way... 50% legal black all the way around or... I'll ask about the metallic tint too. If that is truly legal, and would be better, I'll go with that. Prob tint sometime this week.

Looking into some summer wheels and tires for next summer too... maybe black or gunmetal with a chrome lip? Will use the ones on there now as a winter set. Thinking of resurfacing and painting them...prob close to the same color.

Metallic or not, if their meter reads anything lower then 50% when your pulled over, your screwed. Metallic IMO, will just draw more attention to it.

Factory, most cars come with 95-90% tint. So when you do 50%, it will scan alittle lower then 50 BTW. But pretty much any cop will let that slide. When the tint is done, to be 100% legal, there is a sticker or seal the tinter puts on that says the tint is MN legal. If you have that, they can't ticket you.

And most doctors won't give a eye presc for tint. There is not way to prove you have sensitive eye issues unles your diagnosed with something acutal.

There is no real way to get around this and do dark tint. I've tried all angles. You can take the advice or run the risk of a 160$+ ticket and fucking up your insurance rates.

And if your interested, I'll sell you my summer wheels. They look brand new, and tires have 85% tread left on them. But I doubt you'll be interested since they don't fit your desc for wheels you want. But good luck with the tint, I'd do 50% and be safe, anything darker on white looks wierd anyway.