Need help, Intake q's.

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

o2designs wrote:Ok. That's kind of what I was thinking. Either the maf tube was relocated or modified. I'm sure if reuse the stock maf tube it would run normal. Not sure why it's throwing a batt code tho...
Does your other piping work with the stock maf tube?
its not how far as much as how big. the tube diameter will effect the way the maf measures the incoming air more than the distance from the TB. dont get me wrong the distance will change the air as well but not as drasticly as the diameter. but in this case it sounds as if he had a unmetered air leak. any air the goes in after the maf will throw the air/fuel adjustments aschew. the miss firing and odd lack of power, chances are when he stepped on the gas it all went ....rrrrrrrrrrrr-bouwf,bouwf...rrrrrrrr-rrrr--na,na---rrrrrrrboufity,bouwf,bouwf. :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

Stopped at Ford today to see just how much a new "filter" costs for 07's. $497! FUCK THAT! They say the stock airbox is good for 100k, and I don't doubt it with it being the size of 3 large children, but after 50k I think it's just good mati. to replace it. SOOO, Steeda!
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

focinite wrote:chances are when he stepped on the gas it all went ....rrrrrrrrrrrr-bouwf,bouwf...rrrrrrrr-rrrr--na,na---rrrrrrrboufity,bouwf,bouwf. :lol:
Couldn't have said it better myself
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

it's cause you fucked with the stock tube. just as focinite said. i tried the same thing to save a few bucks. the only successful DIY CAI was deagle. i didn't have ANY prob with the steeda. i just took off my steeda sissy plates and shit cause it was a pain in the ass to get it all off after races and to change head lights (which i do more often then you will cause i do like 5-6 hours a night driving)
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

You must be talking about the heat shield?
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

that's what they call it. it's more of a sissy plate. it is more difficult then it looks to get it in. the assembly doesn't go strait in it, it goes at an angle with half the filter base (where the clamp is) in the box, half of it outside the box. and there are no lips to butt the filter or that piece between the TB and MAF tube up too. i think i get better air without it. cause i don't have a splash guard so there is basically a big hole under it, there's the grill, i don't have that piece above the grill, and the scoop in my hood. if i did or didn't, it wouldn't be noticeable.
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607