No SVT

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Eleanor Focus

sc0tty8 wrote: Why not a 5 speed swap while you're being the big balla?

What would be the sense to put a manual in when I want to have a Rare 05 ZX5 Auto Trans Turbo :?:
sc0tty8

Why not just buy a turbo auto volvo? Will be a lot more durable then the focus, you need to remember, the rest of the car won't keep up with the power, sure, at first it will be fine, but, you are really going to start to fatigue shit, besides, you said you had warranty on that thing.

I really hope you get everything built to support the power.
Eleanor Focus

evidently you did not read my posts :?
sc0tty8

Eleanor Focus wrote: evidently you did not read my posts :?

I see you saying it, start doing it 8)
spots25

Eleanor Focus wrote: but what fun is that when I can be one of a few 05+ ZX5 automatics with a turbo.

an 'automatic focus? that would be like bragging about having a small dick... come on, brag about a 5 speed swap while you're at it 8)
00' Kona
sc0tty8

sc0tty8

trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

IMINHELL wrote:
focussport wrote:● 42lb. Bosch fuel injectors

So is there something wrong with the larger Ford injectors? I prefer drop in/plug in and not using an adapter gasket and splicing new injector pigtails. Thats just me I guess.

To answer your question to the best of my knowledge, my Vortech setup came with #42 Bosch injectors which were drop ins. They also are available on order through Ford. I'd bet they're just using those.

As far as turboing an automatic, do yourself a favor and do a manual swap or get a new car. Bottom line, you're trying to make an economy car faster and have every possible thing working against you and in the end you'll be pissed the guys with stock svt's can still outrun you.
reconstruction.
sc0tty8

trahma wrote: As far as turboing an automatic, do yourself a favor and do a manual swap or get a new car. Bottom line, you're trying to make an economy car faster and have every possible thing working against you and in the end you'll be pissed the guys with stock svt's can still outrun you.

And guys in 4000 pound cars will give him a run that will piss him off. 8)
Eleanor Focus

Ok, so when did I say that I was doing the upgrades for racing, I am totally confused here :? Maybe my motives are something different, hello.

I may like a little more pep but if I wanted speed, it sure the H E double hockey sticks wouldn't be in a friggen Focus. I am not that stupid.

I just want something different than everyone else for crying out loud.

Tell me how many people have an 05+ ZX5 Auto Trans with Cosworth and a Turbo. All I am going for is the rarity.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

Eleanor Focus wrote: All I am going for is the rarity.

this isn't Forza, Jason
sc0tty8

Eleanor Focus wrote:

I may like a little more pep

Me too, but you see, I am only spending about $300 to build a rear end, not what? 6k for "more" pep.

If you are going for rarity, it doesn't take much talent to bolt parts up to a car.

Why not so something that would be harder to re-create?

There is no rarity in using off the shelf parts that anyone could buy and bolt on.
Eleanor Focus

sc0tty8 wrote:
Eleanor Focus wrote:

I may like a little more pep

Me too, but you see, I am only spending about $300 to build a rear end, not what? 6k for "more" pep.

If you are going for rarity, it doesn't take much talent to bolt parts up to a car.

Why not so something that would be harder to re-create?

There is no rarity in using off the shelf parts that anyone could buy and bolt on.

A How many people are bolting on those parts

B Did you not see the $5k in misc other upgrades

I could be the idiot that puts an air bag suspension, gull wing doors, $20k in stereo equip, and 15k in paint and body work.

But I am not, I am making a mini Eleanor. nuff said
sc0tty8

Its not rare if someone can call up FS and say "I want what he has" and get it.

There is no DIY in your setup.

All the work is being done by someone else.

Gull wing doors and paint does not make anything rare either.

If you made it awd and 5 speed, that is something that someone could not easily pull off, and, you will get a 3x multiplier when you play nfsu and get on the cover of a mag. :roll: