Need a good Ford sales person

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
MAT

Been a long time since I've been here, is SVT Steve out east? Was going to ask him for a sales person reference at the old Tousley. I'm shopping for a new ST, so might be selling my hopped up 05 ZX-3. I'm in Wi but we had issues at Hudson Ford on a trade for a new Escape, thus the question. I don't like games, we get A plan and refer a lot of people on X plan so its a good idea to treat your repeat customers very well.
MAT
Roberts, WI
05 ZX3 SES Infra-red (It's hot!)

Mods: Crane Stg 1 cams, F2 Header, Marcy CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, FocusSport ECU tuning, SVT suspension, 17" FRPP rally wheels
(I'm just getting warmed up!)
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

His employer is out East. He's working from home.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

The last time that I actually considered getting a new car was in 2000. I couldn’t believe the run-around I got; it was the stereotypical worst-case car sales scenario.
I started with a salesman, who quickly passed me off to someone else (sales manager?). I must have asked a thousand times what their best price was, but the guy kept asking me what I wanted to pay. I told him I wanted to get the car for nothing, but realizing that’s probably not going to happen, asked again what their best price was. His response? “What do you want to pay?”
After a few minutes of this mind-numbing, intelligence-insulting chatter, I got up and walked out. I literally had salesmen chasing me and saying things like, “You can’t go yet”!
I thought that this sort of debasing salesmanship was a thing of the past. Boy, was I wrong. Needless to say, I won’t be beating down the doors of any car dealerships anytime soon.
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

Pete Turgen. Only guy I will deal with at tousley (and I work here). He is in finance now, but he can still sell you a car. Ask for him when you come in and don't talk to anyone else. Tell him Dave Beale sent you. Even as an employee here, I have had issues with the sales department. If I didn't get a discount here, I would probably shop somewhere else. Pete I a great guy and I wish I delt with him the first two time I bought a new car from here
MAT

Thanks. BTW - We bought our new Escape for Eau Claire Ford, they gave us top KBB trade in $ sight unseen. They are a bit too far to away since I'm not trading anything in otherwise I'd use them in a heartbeat.
MAT
Roberts, WI

Mods: Crane Stg 1 cams, F2 Header, Marcy CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, FocusSport ECU tuning, SVT suspension, 17" FRPP rally wheels
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Yup, If I HAD to suggest someone at Tousley it would be Pete.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Do all your research before you even walk in the door. I have purchased 2 vehicles over the past year. Both vehicles were purchased for below invoice price.
Edmunds.com and KBB.com are your friends. If there is a particular vehicle you like find last years model. Previous years equals discounts galore.

When we were researching my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee we went to see if they had any 2013's at our local lot (their website indicated they had 1). They did not. I asked a similar question about the 2014 they had, the guy pointed at the sticker. I laughed and we walked away. I then tracked down a vehicle equipped the way I wanted. It is a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Edition, with a 5.7L V8 and tow package. We paid under invoice, or about $10k in discounts. The dealer we worked with knew what we wanted and since we had to drive 400 miles to get it the paperwork was done and we basically walked in, test drove, signed and left.

For my Camaro, same thing. I had looked at what was available in the region at discounts (including the Autoshow discounts). Most dealers will give and extra few bucks for online inquiries as well. I found a deeply discounted Camaro so I sent an email. They emailed me back with the information about the vehicle and a schedule for a salesman. I met him and they wanted to check out my trade in. I knew what it was going for and my wife worked them over for an additional $500 (Easter sales too). Once the paperwork was done (and at 0% interest) I had my Camaro.

Spend the time on the computer, not at the dealership, Salesmen are there to make a profit. Make sure you know that and understand what people are paying for a similarly equipped car. Then find one that you like before hand and inquire on it. Take the hassle out of the whole thing. The salesmen are much more relaxed knowing that you already have the vehicle picked out.
Slower than your stock focus.
MAT

That's all very good advice, but my wife works for Ford so I get A-plan. We get a copy of the real invoice so there is no negotiation. But it's not as good a deal as you think on cars, so the incentives are important.
MAT
Roberts, WI

MAT

Check the want ads, my ZX-3 is for sale. Not the best time to sell (it's stored in the garage) but a new Fiesta ST is calling. Please don't hate me for leaving the Focus family!
MAT
Roberts, WI

Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Pete is who I had bought a car from also. Hes a very standup guy but his manager at the time I couldn't stand her. I had started to walk out in the middle of a sale because of her but Pete helped me out.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Patalrob wrote:Pete is who I had bought a car from also. Hes a very standup guy but his manager at the time I couldn't stand her. I had started to walk out in the middle of a sale because of her but Pete helped me out.
She's still there, doubt she'll be leaving any time soon since her sister is the GM.

Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Bummer.... I really liked dealing wit Pete but she about ran me out of there...

I went in there to buy a used SVT in 07 but they sold it before I had gotten there. She told Pete well why can't we sell him a new 08 Focus SVT...... We both looked at her "they don't make them any more"..... Her response Oh well since when did this happened!? Pete's response 2004.....
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Sounds about right. :lol:

oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

Patalrob wrote:She told Pete well why can't we sell him a new 08 Focus SVT......
I'm surprised she didn't try to sell him a Galaxie 500XL or a Fairlane! :lol:
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Whats wrong with those cars? Heck id take a fairmont even 8)

I always delt with goldstein he seemee alright but im a trusting sucker.
Image wink wink.....bitches