Older Turbos (pre-EMS)

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
BlackSVTGuy

still could if I wanted. 42k miles with a complete clean history all original.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Is it local?
What color (expecting black)?
--John
BlackSVTGuy

Yup local. Black. He's asking like 11,500. Crazy low price. Wanted to trade it for my 08 caliber srt-4 plus $500 on his end.
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

oldoutboardjim wrote: I've always been kinda-sorta interested in the SVO Mustangs, but the more I look into it, the less appealing they become. I think the biggest issue would be parts availability. I checked Forced4 Motorsports (Steve's suggestion), but they appear to be out of business.
The 2.3 Turbo is pretty stout. Unless you want to modify it, they're not expensive to own.

How old can you be if you think the EEC-IV is super crude? It's not at whiz-bang as the newer stuff, but it's certainly sufficient to run these cars. I'll be using one in my 944 to run the 5.0 with EDIS.

Also, the early carb 2.3 Turbo cars were draw-through carbs, not blow-through.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:GM had turbos on the Corvair and a couple Olds and Buick models in the 60s and they even used water-meth systems on them.

Look at the Grand Nationals and T-Types in the mid 80s, those things are killers.
no lie. The motarola coils were zqppin the mechanics and knocking them out. :shock:
Image wink wink.....bitches