calling all auto techs!

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

This dude( my thumbs are pointing at me) is looking for a job. I currently have one but id like a better one. I am just seeing if any of you dealership guys know of an opening. I was at one time fully ford star certified, currently ASE master certified. I have twelve years in the field and two years of asset training. I am a great guy to work with as i must get stuff done. My main goal is to fix things right the first possibly the second time. Just tired of the current jobs plan of attack and its hard for me to care when no one else does. For my mental health i was informed i must find new emloyment. 8) i would love to be part of a group that is focused on the prize and maybe who is willing to challange me. I also crave knowlage and mental stimuli. I go nuts when i get board. I mean fer reals i set shiz on fire and build stuff.
Image wink wink.....bitches
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

All I know of is local here, Jay Malone in Hutchinson. Heard an ad the other day on the radio (FM, we're getting new technology out here, not sure I like it).
I will mention though that the service manager there is a douche. More than a few of the top tech's they had were either cut hours or quit. One I've known for years went to Holt in Cokato and the other opened his own diesel shop.

Honestly, if you're ADD (no shit) look to the non-dealership sector. You'll find more variety but you'll also find more shitbox's to work on. Then again you don't have the nagging fuckers bitching about a squeak that only surfaces on xxx road @ or above 75mph on Thursdays.

More school and career change is always an option too, family and jazz being the only hangup. All up to you though.
--John
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

iminhell wrote:
Then again you don't have the nagging fuckers bitching about a squeak that only surfaces on xxx road @ or above 75mph on Thursdays.
where is the like button. We were just talking about this yesterday. note to everybody.....dont ever buy a vehicle with a 3x4 sheet of moving glass on the roof....then again if you do, dont come crying when it rattles
focinite

See ths is what life for a auto tech is. My shit is broke, i know more than you, i dont trust you but fix my shit! Or you get the customer that cant figure out why a certian red needle goes into the red zone, mind you this person has owned this car for six yeqrs, the needle is the tack and the red zone is six grand. My fav.... 2004-05ish lincon ls... car gets towed in as a no start. I get in the car put the key in a chime is heard and a message pops up" warning low fuel" so i go about runnig my tests, fuel pressure, spark, compression all good sept fuel pressure. At this point i am thinking feul pump but i can hear it buzz. So i charge the customer one hundred and ten dollars. The hundred is to figure out there was no fuel and the ten was to put ten dollars worth in. :lol: but any who i am fer real. I want to further my knowlage i need to learn the new stuff.....again, cus i did and then again when it was old.....i fucking hate rust!!!!!!! I crave not needing to torch shit apart.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Dumb question but if the car comes in for a no start with a low fuel light and I'm assuming the gauge on empty wouldn't your fist step be to see if it actually has fuel in it?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

Working in IT and being an auto mechanic seem to be interchangeable.

The cup holder on my Dell stopped working!

I can't fit my over-sized coffee mug into the center console, fix it!
focinite

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Dumb question but if the car comes in for a no start with a low fuel light and I'm assuming the gauge on empty wouldn't your fist step be to see if it actually has fuel in it?
I dont get paid to assume. Assumin is not fixing cars. As soon as the low fuel warning popped on and i heard the pump real loud like i knew it was empty. But i get paid an hour so i try to use the hour. Most times i get it before then. 8) it is always easy as a out side lookin in and after the fact perspective. When your there doing err thing taking in and adding things in yer brain and going off of prior exp. You just follow yer training and like tom ryan always said keep it simple stupid...im not callin ya stupid, simple 8)
focinite

Macky21 wrote:Working in IT and being an auto mechanic seem to be interchangeable.

The cup holder on my Dell stopped working!

I can't fit my over-sized coffee mug into the center console, fix it!
its the people. There fuggin stupid!!!! Its like, listen i am not a wizard i just problem solve and i have a high tolerance for pain. Most time its the people that ned the fixin not the machine. :lol:
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

I've been at Walser for a couple months now, and I constantly get emails about job openings
Especially at the Recon Center.
www.walser.com/careers