SVT Wagon?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.

ZX5 or ZXW?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Restore to ZX5
10%
Mod, to Wagon
90%
Doesn't matter, ZX3's rule.
No votes

Total votes: 10
Doc
Car: to many to list

I'm looking at an SVT 5 door hit in the rear. I'll know more when I go look at it, but at a minimum it needs a quarter, hatch, bumper, maybe a little pull on the frame rack. I don't think it needs an entire rear clip. BUT, it's has me thinking "serious" about something I had thoughts of before. An SVT Wagon. I do have a clean wagon rear clip and rear doors, so I could do this. On the side of "don't modify it", it does only have 70,000 miles. But on the side of, "who cares", it is a slavage title. Question is...... I this something a person should do, or would it hurt the value of the car? To me, it should add value (cause wagons are cool, Da). So any thoughts?
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

wagon because cool.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

As soon as you do the swap the value tanks. No one wants to buy a modified car. Yod think with all the body mods and performance shits and stereo do dads my car would be worth something also its under 80k..... but nooooooooooo, no one wants a modified car!!!!!!!! Suck it fuckers!!!!!! Doc if you want to do the swap cus youll keep the car and have fun with it...yes do. If you are looking to make a dime....aint gonna happen.
Image wink wink.....bitches
Doc

I defiantly get what you're saying about mods. Most aftermarket radios suck, personally I'd rather have a good factory one. The last SVT I had someone put an aftermarket air cleaner on it. I hate that crap and wanted to put a stock one back on. They also had a big sticker on the bumper, that had to go. The one I have now, hasn't been fooled with, I like that. I know from selling Jeeps that a nice clean stock one is easier to sell than a lifted, modified one, because your customer base is much smaller for the lifted one. However, done right they do sell too, and can still be profitable.
To me, changing one to a wagon shouldn't be as bad as the mods you're referring to because those personalize the vehicle too much. The SVT market is already a smaller one than a regular focus. I'm thinking Ford should have built an SVTW, but didn't, so maybe making one could be a good thing. Guess I'm just curious if anyone else here thinks that way too.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

I also think it would be cool as a Wagon if you plan on keeping it. I wouldn't expect it to be an easy sell though if you plan on flipping it.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
bflesher

Mod, salvage title already so the values tanked already. Least you can say you did it and maybe have a little fun, besides, beats sitting on the couch watching the snow melt.
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

Wagon!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

As said, it depends on what you want to do with it. Odds are you'd get more out of the SVT by fixing it and selling it or even parting it out than you would by doing the swap.

On the other hand you could watch for an SVT with a bad engine and pick it up cheap for an engine swap and still have a ton of spare parts.

-Steve
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Doc

Well, I bought the car today. Now I just need to talk myself into making it a wagon. It's feeling like the right way to go though.
Anybody know for sure what rear suspension parts are SVT specific? I know the disc brakes would need to be changed, I assume the springs, and probably a sway bar. Anything else? Shocks?
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Shocks, struts, springs, rear sway bar, brakes front and rear, engine, trans, cv shafts, shifter and linkage, all engine wiring, pcm, interior trim.

That's a start anyways.

Looks like it's got snow tires on it, how's the tread life?

-Steve
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Doc

Was only in need of rear suspension info, I won't have to change anything else over.
Yep, snow tires, at a glance they looked almost new.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

The wagons have there own rear sub frame. The springs and shock were layed down to allow for the low floor. They make spring kits that are close to what you want for a svt. So youll will need...... a wagon sub frame, a sway bar, lowering springs and dampners, ... your disk brakes will bolt to the wagon rear sub frame. If you get a wagon just keep all the rear susp and modify to fit. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches