Door issues

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

Recently, my driver's door has been very temperamental after being unlocked. If the doors are locked and you hit the unlock key, 7/10 times the door remains locked and I can't open it from the outside, which then makes me have to reach for the handle from the back door. Any ideas?

My passenger door has always been very difficult to open; you have to pull really hard on the handle to get the door to open and I always have to tell people to pull hard if they want to open it. Any ideas on that one?
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Replace both. It's a known issue with older ones. The rods and associated parts just become wore and don't work as intended. My car does the same thing, passive theft prevention is what I refer to it as.
--John
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

cables not rods. i think i may still have a set, cant remember if schlinging has them.....i will check in the later am . 8)sorry if this seems like a drunk post, i dont have a key board for my ps3 witch i am using right now to post this..........sorry to annoy iminhel. thats what i call pasive agressive..... 8) :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

What?
How dare you pause MWF2 to post on MNf.
Lol
--John
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

Replace both doors you say?
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i have both latches, they are next to new. they are even out a svt. 8) you want let me know.
Image wink wink.....bitches
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

There's a piece of the handle on the inside of the door that has a tendency to bend and then break. That's what's causing the pass. side issue for sure, but I would suspect it has something to do with the driver's side as well. The part is around $35 from Steve and he stocks them. I just did my driver's side door about a month ago. It takes about 30 minutes to do if you're adept at taking the door apart.