yo! steven!!! pursuit qwestshun

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

did the 3v get put in any ? what year? if so is it the 330 horse out the stang? what trans is in them? how expensive is it to recharge the halion foamers? i know in 03 they switched the front to a alumimnumnumnum cradle and rack and pinnion. what other updates they make? what gears come in em 3.27s? :shock:
Image wink wink.....bitches
Steve@Tasca
Midget

What?

If you want to know if they ever put a 3V in a Crown Vic the answer is no.

Don't know anything about "foamers".

No idea what gears were used, in 2006 there were options ranging from 2.73 to 3.55.

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite

thank you . the newer intercepters(05 and up) i have seen on board fire supresion. figured youd know more about them and i could pick your brains. i will do my own looking. 8)
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

I think the 07's were a bit stronger.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The only guys here that would know anything about squads would be in fleet, I rarely even see one in the parking lot let alone up close and as far as I know any fire suppression equipment would have been added by the company that prepped the car for official use.

focinite

Patalrob wrote:I think the 07's were a bit stronger.
i wik a peidia ed it and found my answers. 06 and newr have 250 plus horse . 03 and up have the updated chassis. 06 and up have .... bullet resistant doors,side impact air bags,improved lighting, and chrome delete, 17 inch wheels and uprated shock valving. i go tommarow to the DMV to get title(lost when i moved)and to xgoverment.com in golden valley to look for a dark blue 06 to 09. im pumped!
i drove an 03 on a familiar stretch of road and the performance is so close to what my car is, just a few improvements and ill have a very competent road missle...yaht,barge .......car ,thing. :lol:
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

focinite wrote:06 and up have .... bullet resistant doors
These will come in handy when you're cruisin' the hood.
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

The doors are an option...... No one buys them because they charge $2k for them...

You really want one of those old squads? You know they get the shit beat out of them right?
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The get beat on but they're tough as nails.

focinite

Pappy wrote:The doors are an option...... No one buys them because they charge $2k for them...

You really want one of those old squads? You know they get the shit beat out of them right?
yes and yes. i fix cars for a living, have for twelve years now. i am a master mechanic. the thing that is the most beat is the trans, its from sitting and idling then getting floored. the trans fluid builds up heat from no or little air going through the cooler, whats the enemy of trans,heat! rebuilding a trans is not rocket surgry, replacing one is easeyerest. i know what im getting into. i have been to multiple city garages(i am trying to get a job at one)and have seen the teams of people maintaing these cars. i have serviced(brakes and oil changes) a handful of the xgovernment.com cars every one of them is tight as a drum no creaks or bangs, all the insides of them are free of holes(sept a few here and there) and only one or two had holes where the light bar went. i am looking at department of trans cars and unmarks . the first thing i check is the trans fluid, if its burnt or brand new i walk. 8) plus i cant talk my wife into a mustang as a family car. :( i am soooooooooo tired of driving a lowered hatch on long trips. since the hatch is crammed full of subs and amps and wiring and covers i put the luggage in the backseat and the kid in the back seat. im tired of dodging pot holes like yo! plus an 08-09 vic for 6gs with 75k on it......how can you go wrong. now i know yall will say,"but your going to lower the vic....blah blah blah". yes i am, and it will ride like a crown vic compared to my gokart. parts are cheap,i mean dirt cheap. they made millions of these to a parts car is easy to get. marauder. if i get a hair up ma arss i can swap in a terminator and 6 speed trans. they make perf parts for these cars. my mind is made up. out with the focus in with the mans car. burble burble burle burble burble....raaahhhhhhnnnnnnnnnn rrrraaahhhhnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! 8)
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

A 70 year old mans car. Ha. I wanted one, until I test drove one. Slow, and crappy Interior. Most old police Interceptors have tons of holes drilled in them, and are pretty used. If you have to take out a loan for one, I wouldn't do it.

If you are hellbent on a old cop car, why not a charger with a Hemi?
07 ST S.A.P.
focinite

CleanZX3 wrote:A 70 year old mans car. Ha. I wanted one, until I test drove one. Slow, and crappy Interior. Most old police Interceptors have tons of holes drilled in them, and are pretty used. If you have to take out a loan for one, I wouldn't do it.

If you are hellbent on a old cop car, why not a charger with a Hemi?
a charger! ha! do you know how often i work on those? they make my paycheck, $$$$$$$ is what they look like to me. front end parts like crazy unless its the AWD, strut rod bushings,outer tie rod ends and leaky rack and pinnions are worn or bad on 90% that roll through my shop. ive done 5 ball joints and 4 sets of tie rod end in my twelve years. plus my focus can out run a 5.7 hemi(thats short for hemiroid) one of the worst trans,shifting and reliability,get a dodge, id rather walk. and yes cop cars have cheap plastic interiors, and they start out slow, but minnior work and they scoot, remember there engine is only 281 ci. its not hard or super expensive to get 450 out of the stock rotating assembly. and i can fit a focus in the trunk. i dont need super fancy, i want shit that works all the time and i dont hafta fix....why i bought a focus, i am a truck guy by nature. oh mid 20s for mpg hwy and i live 4.5 miles from work. try going sideways in your focus from a dead stop...oh when you turn on your a/c and floor it what happens, that dont happen with v8s. i am singing this song.....go and see the cars at xgovermentcars.com, he gets them straight from the citys all over the us, has them fixed or spruced up and sells them. when you go to a police auction you get shit cars....these are not shit cars, i have looked them over when they come in and i have yet to find any thing wrong with one of there cars. for the most part they dont remove the push bumpers and stuff=no holes. get a hemi, your funny...that shit is funny.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

That's because lots of people drive Chargers.

It's just as easy to make 450 hp on a Vic, as it is to make 300hp on a Focus. And your Focus doesn't have 300 HP.

I've been to xgovernmentcars, and looked at the car's he marked up 100%. Not that great. But whatever.

It's obvious you made up your mind. That's cool. It's just the "Krown Vik's ar L33t AwEsome, Nd EberyThing 3Lse SucKs." threads, and comments are annoying.

Have a good one!
07 ST S.A.P.
focinite

ah, k? i am sorry if me venting is abrasive. i will stop. i will add one comment cus i am sick in the head. if its so easy to get 300-400 horse out a focus, how come yours aint puttin numbers. also the chassis cant do any thing properly withover 250 whp look at the mspd3, it limits half of total out put till 3rd gear. also, any front drive with out drivers aids and or some sort of boost retard ot stepped nitrous or stepped boost control is just turning forword momentum into smoke and tack bounce. i am not building a all out race car, buying a FAMILY car with the potintial of more every thing. i have more used and less expensive parts and upgrades to choose from on that platform . aint tryin ta shit in yer food bowl son. 8)
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:ah, k? i am sorry if me venting is abrasive. i will stop. i will add one comment cus i am sick in the head. if its so easy to get 300-400 horse out a focus, how come yours aint puttin numbers. also the chassis cant do any thing properly withover 250 whp look at the mspd3, it limits half of total out put till 3rd gear. also, any front drive with out drivers aids and or some sort of boost retard ot stepped nitrous or stepped boost control is just turning forword momentum into smoke and tack bounce. i am not building a all out race car, buying a FAMILY car with the potintial of more every thing. i have more used and less expensive parts and upgrades to choose from on that platform . aint tryin ta shit in yer food bowl son. 8)
It's not that hard to do, it's just not cheap.