Gettin' Tired Of The Noise

For your Ford Focus related discussion
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Redlineracer12 wrote:350Z 8)
I test drove one on Memorial Day... they're not quiet.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

I'm going to mail you a can of whoop ass.... :?
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

hermitmaster wrote:
Indeed, the Road & Track test shows that the 350Z is as noisy as the SVTF :( Here's some data to help compare quietness:
All readings cruising at 70mph:
2002 SVTF – 75dBA
2011 Mustang GT - 74dBA
2005 Nissan 350Z - 75dBA
2007 Lexus LS460 - 65dBA
2009 Maxima -67dBA
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Steve@Tasca
Midget

oldoutboardjim wrote:
hermitmaster wrote:
Indeed, the Road & Track test shows that the 350Z is as noisy as the SVTF :( Here's some data to help compare quietness:
2002 SVTF – 75dBA
2011 Mustang GT - 74dBA
2005 Nissan 350Z - 75dBA
2007 Lexus LS460 - 65dBA
2009 Maxima -67dBA
Something is seriously wrong with that list, the new Mustang is WAY quieter than even an SVT with stock exhaust. I have to believe it's more than a 1dBA difference.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
oldoutboardjim wrote:
hermitmaster wrote: I test drove one on Memorial Day... they're not quiet.
2002 SVTF – 75dBA
2011 Mustang GT - 74dBA
2005 Nissan 350Z - 75dBA
2007 Lexus LS460 - 65dBA
2009 Maxima -67dBA
Something is seriously wrong with that list, the new Mustang is WAY quieter than even an SVT with stock exhaust. I have to believe it's more than a 1dBA difference.
Maybe they measured it at the tailpipe? :lol:
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

Patalrob wrote:
I'm going to mail you a can of whoop ass.... :?
I kinda have a thing for them :o
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

quite,roomy,soft,power,cheap,easy maint,timing chain.........your asking for a gran marquie gs!!!! its the merc version of the pursuit. no problem, i got your back. should be able to find a low mileage on for around 5-6 grand. get one with the aluminum front sub frame as these have mofr aftermarket parts for tuniong the susp to your liking. you cant go wrong with a panther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image wink wink.....bitches
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon

focinite wrote:quite,roomy,soft,power,cheap,easy maint,timing chain.........your asking for a gran marquie gs!!!! its the merc version of the pursuit. no problem, i got your back. should be able to find a low mileage on for around 5-6 grand. get one with the aluminum front sub frame as these have mofr aftermarket parts for tuniong the susp to your liking. you cant go wrong with a panther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy mackerel! Is there a bigger boat out there than the Grand Marquis? I think the Queen Mary is even smaller than a Grand Marquis! :lol:
"Old Guy's" SVT:
Build #879 of 1,978
focinite

oldoutboardjim wrote:
focinite wrote:quite,roomy,soft,power,cheap,easy maint,timing chain.........your asking for a gran marquie gs!!!! its the merc version of the pursuit. no problem, i got your back. should be able to find a low mileage on for around 5-6 grand. get one with the aluminum front sub frame as these have mofr aftermarket parts for tuniong the susp to your liking. you cant go wrong with a panther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy mackerel! Is there a bigger boat out there than the Grand Marquis? I think the Queen Mary is even smaller than a Grand Marquis! :lol:
yeah,but throw some perf susp under it , get some cams , atune now its still cheaper than ablown svtf and faster and more comphy. i love that most mustang engine and trans goodies work. also 04 and newer sqwad kers hav da fahr spresent siestim. 8) iam tellin ya its the next hotness. 8) plus a man of your season should be well acwainted wit the landyahts. big ......ppppphhhhfftssssssss.... thats tiny compared to a impereal.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

oldoutboardjim wrote:
I think you'd be stunned by what those cars are capable are given a fairly small amount of work.

There's also not much out there that rides as well or is as quiet, used police interceptors are also dirt cheap and typically well maintained.

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon

focinite wrote:...plus a man of your season should be well acwainted wit the landyahts. big ......ppppphhhhfftssssssss.... thats tiny compared to a impereal.
What'ya mean "a man of my season"???? Oh yeah, that's right - I am the 'old guy', not to mention the resident curmudgeon!
Regarding the Imperial's (and their other Chrysler cousins) of the 60's & early 70's: These babys were huge! And they had a trunk that would sleep six! :lol:
Can't say that a Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis (even with the 'de sade' option) would interest me. I may be old, but I still like cars that look good. On the other hand, just think of all the people you could freak-out with that retired cruiser! Everyone would back-off the accelerator as soon as they caught sight of the spotlights. I might even buy a Mountie hat!
"Old Guy's" SVT:
Build #879 of 1,978
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

07 ST S.A.P.
focinite

that works well if you are 190 lbs and under six foot. plus the upkeep on that is horrid. a crown vic the owner can do the tune up at home, the susp parts a simple(one lower ans one uper contol arm) a four link in the back, full frame(very ridgid),almost a front mid ships engine, a trunk that can swallow that fancy toyota and a mans exhaust note. the only problem is that eer one around you will slow down till they figure out you aint a cop. i used to drive them a lot....i got a vibe at 70, good luck gettin to that speed and holding it there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

focinite wrote:
that works well if you are 190 lbs and under six foot. plus the upkeep on that is horrid. a crown vic the owner can do the tune up at home, the susp parts a simple(one lower ans one uper contol arm) a four link in the back, full frame(very ridgid),almost a front mid ships engine, a trunk that can swallow that fancy toyota and a mans exhaust note. the only problem is that eer one around you will slow down till they figure out you aint a cop. i used to drive them a lot....i got a vibe at 70, good luck gettin to that speed and holding it there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is why I hate the internet. I'm 6'3, and 280 and I fit fine(I've been looking at newer cars). The back seats are small, but so are the seats on a Focus. You can do a tune up at home on a Is350. With 2 less spark plugs even. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-seco ... rvice.html ..............Looks easy to me. I checked Oreilly, and the service parts cost the same as everything else.

Silent inside. Small exhaust growl on the outside. Timing chain(s). RWD. Comfy. 305 horsepower. Under 20 grand. Everything Jim asked for. :lol: :lol: :lol:
07 ST S.A.P.
focinite

i have done a handfull of tune ups on the older platform and i dont like the lack of room. i have been a mechanic going on thirteen years now, i dont do a whole lot to the panthers, just a random ball joint here and wipers there. a well maintained pursuit=7grand=like new.no car payment,with the extra ching saved you can do....rims, tires , exhaust, susp , seats out a gran marq,bumps.....this is why i want to sell my focus. trans to r&r is like 4 hours, an engine in and out i can do it in nine or less.its safe , its built like a ford truck, after market is flooded with stang engine parts, where a 4.6 fits a lighting engine and trans fit(hood dont fit, not with out a whole). its a no brainer for me. my next car will be a panther. i buy what work on the least. 8)