Hood Attacked By An Oil Filter

For your Ford Focus related discussion
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

I was putting some oil filters on a shelf in my garage rafters. I pushed the car back about 5 feet so I could place the stepladder between the car & the shelf, and was climbing the ladder when -plop - one of the boxes opened at the bottom, the filter fell out, bounced off the ladder, and directly on the car hood. Ouch! Now there's a small (but noticeable) dent in an otherwise pristine hood.
I'm not sure if there was any paint damage. The center of the dent looks like a light grey (my car is CD Silver). However, if I run my fingernail over the spot, there's no roughness; nor can you feel the edge, if indeed there was any paint removed.
I don't know if paintless dent removal is even an option, since there is a structural member on the underside of the hood that completely covers the area of the dent.
Sometimes if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!
Ideas, please.
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I had a stroller fall out of the garage rafters on to my windshield a few years back :shock:

Time for Jim to call a PDR guy.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

If there is re-inforcement behind the dent then the pdr guy can use glue to pull the dent out. The guy that tousley uses is amazing and I would recommend him, eventhough you live nowhere near tousley
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

I've had my dad fall on my car in the garage, as well as a ladder and a creeper. So don't feel too bad about a little oil filter ding :lol:

I'd at least get it checked out by a PDR guy, worth a shot!
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Redlineracer12 wrote:I've had my dad fall on my car in the garage, as well as a ladder and a creeper. So don't feel too bad about a little oil filter ding :lol:

I'd at least get it checked out by a PDR guy, worth a shot!
a 3 yr old and a rake. followed by my wife falling on my rf fender after triping over a wagon. and four random door dings. all on the right side and a black car. :(
Image wink wink.....bitches