Steering wheel controls...

For your Ford Focus related discussion
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

I have functioning ones! Before I got my car, someone stripped out the previous owners mods and stereo. I was left with a shitty $75 Pioneer deck, which was replaced in the first week that I owned it. I finally bought an interface for the steering wheel controls and I must say, it's awesome. 8)
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I love the Audiophile controls, drives me nuts being in other cars without them.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
hermitmaster

I never had functioning ones, so I didn't know what I was missing. For anybody that wants their SW controls to work with an aftermarket deck: http://www.amazon.com/Metra-ASWC-Univer ... BVCN2TMG1A
The installation instructions are vague, but it's an easy install.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:I love the Audiophile controls, drives me nuts being in other cars without them.

Ditto im always reaching for them in every other car I drive.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

one of the maaaaanny reasons i dont like driving the gfs 1.6 ltr honda around :lol: but it does make my svtf feel like a race car after :lol:
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
svtf280
Car: 03 Viper Red SVT

How much did you pay for the interface?How was the install or did you bring it too a audio tech.
hermitmaster

I paid around $50 for the interface. Install isn't too bad, but the instructions are poor. I recommend using the Metra ASWC.

Tutorial I posted on Focaljet:
There are three harnesses behind the radio, one for speakers (8-pin); one for power, ground, ignition and dimmer (7-pin?); and the third one (unused for aftermarket stereos) is used for the factory sub and steering wheel controls(smaller 17-pin).

Resistance Type Control System YES
Reference Ground Wire Color BROWN/YELLOW Connect this wire to ground
Reference Ground Polarity (-)
Reference Ground Location RADIO HARNESS
Reference Ground Pin # 12
Control Wire 1 Wire Color WHITE/BLACK Connect the white/green wire of the ASWC harness to this
Control Wire 1 Polarity (-)
Control Wire 1 Location RADIO HARNESS
Control Wire 1 Pin # 11

Other than that, just connect the red to an ignition switched wire (behind the radio is easiest), the black to ground, and plug the cable into the jack on the back of the receiver.
You will NOT use any other wires on the ASWC harness! You can pull the pins out of the plug or just tape them up.